Trying to get my CDL Permit

espnty

Ok, So long story short. Going to Start driving and never did this before. Got on with a Company and go to there school and everything to get my CDL ( I'm in Ohio by the Way). Anyways Im Type 1 Diabetic and I found out I need to get a Waiver and all this crap to get a Exempt for my CDL. I went to my Doctor she signed all the paper's from DOT forms and my Local BMV form that I was Good to Drive A Rig. I went to a Doctor to do my DOT Physical and I FAILED. She would not pass me because there Was Sugar in my PEE!!! I was so Bummed. I took all my Signed Doctor paper work and everything and she would not pass me at all. A1C was 10 my Doctor said on the Paper I was well on keeping up with my Insulin use and everything. Even With forms the Lady would not give me a DOT Medical Card or pass me. Now I can not go to the Schooling that starts on Monday. What do I do ? I have been to the Federal DOT site and seen all there info on it and everything.

I don't know why they would not waiver you although A1C at 10 is pretty high and it is probably making them nervous

A1C was 10
A1C is an average of sugar levels over a three month period. Here is a chart that shows roughly what the glucose levels are for A1C levels...
20170209_182838.png

...so you actually think an average BGL of 240 is okay?

Because that's getting into diabetic coma territory. I'm not okay with you driving commercially until you get that under control. An A1C of 10 is not under control!

Yes, I understand diabetes. My step mom, my cousin and my brother are all diabetic...and I was an EMT for 10 years. Get that under control first and then try again.

the HBA1C is high at 10, and many on insulin don't get their CDL. I'm wondering if you need an endocrinologist to clear you or your diabetes in better control before they clear you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread