Trucking Groups Ask to Make Truck Stops Vaccination Sites

Mike

A coalition of trucking groups has issued a letter urging the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to designate truck stops and travel plazas as COVID-19 vaccination sites.

Natso, which represents truck stop owners and operators, said in the letter the nature of the trucking and truck stop industries offers a unique opportunity to distribute vaccines to essential workers such as truck drivers and travel plaza employees.

“From the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, our industries have been directly involved in the fight against this pandemic,” the letter states. “Truck stops and travel plazas serve as the home away from home for the nation’s 3 million professional truck drivers.”

Not sure if they can pull this off, but possibly the best-case scenario for drivers who want to get vaccinated without taking time off from work to do it.

That's exactly what the industry needs.

More unnecessary stupid shit taking up truck parking spaces.

More unnecessary stupid shit taking up truck parking spaces.
What you see as unnecessary is probably pretty important to someone else.

I'm not interested in getting a vaccine at this point, but if I were, I would likely get it much sooner if it were available at truck stops.

I'm thinking this could be reserved for the larger stops, ones that do physicals and such, or have the room to handle this indoors.

Hell, the drivers lounges and movie rooms are still closed, use these rooms and maybe get them back open for their original intention sooner.

They could use the prayer trailer.

Speaking only for myself, I try to avoid truck stops altogether. It's even easier with fuel right around the corner to grab when I'm bobtail.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread