Trucking News: Trucking Companies Boost Pay in Hunt for Drivers as Demand Surges

Housing Prices another hidden Inflation truth.

My place I've calculated Id have to stick 50k in updates to get full market value according to a Realtor.

And that doesn't fix location and school district either also Selling Points

But my Property Taxes go up on Assessment Value ..

Doesn't change.

If I actually got a building permit for a project instead of as I'm home on my Spare time

Why my Assessment would increase and TAXES

If I actually got a building permit for a project instead of as I'm home on my Spare time

Why my Assessment would increase and TAXES
That's why you NEVER get a building permit.

That, and in Illinois you have to bribe the building inspectors or they'll nitpick the inspection and make you redo everything. (unless you hire a contractor, in which case the contractor bribes the inspector and adds it to your bill)

That's why you NEVER get a building permit.

That, and in Illinois you have to bribe the building inspectors or they'll nitpick the inspection and make you redo everything. (unless you hire a contractor, in which case the contractor bribes the inspector and adds it to your bill)
I just go to Menards redid my bathroom floor

This summer I'm thinking new tiles

"Technically" I need a permit for that

But it's inside nobody can see that

I just go to Menards redid my bathroom floor

This summer I'm thinking new tiles

"Technically" I need a permit for that

But it's inside nobody can see that
I don't think you need permits for that.

You need it for big stuff like an addition, or building a garage.

New roof if you're changing the design or doing major reconstruction of rotted or damaged trusses or something but not just for slapping new shingles on.

I don't think you need permits for that.

You need it for big stuff like an addition, or building a garage.

New roof if you're changing the design or doing major reconstruction of rotted or damaged trusses or something but not just for slapping new shingles on.
Had a new roof about 5 years ago.

That set me back almost 15 Grand but I should be good until I die

Think it's leased O/O's trying to get their own trailers and go independent ahead of Congress's efforts to destroy the lease op business model?
No, it’s the same thing that always happens. Rates are high so everyone is trying to get into the game. This time, there is a lack of equipment.

No, it’s the same thing that always happens. Rates are high so everyone is trying to get into the game. This time, there is a lack of equipment.
Good.

Every time "everyone is trying to get in the game" happens, we end up with an excess of capacity and rates crash.

Maybe the semiconductor shortage that's killing the auto industry is also hampering heavy truck manufacturers

You were told last year when you ordered your truck, like the next week, had you waited, it would have jumped from like 6 weeks to 2022 for delivery.

I was told last December about the same time, to place an order for a new trailer went from 4 weeks out to March 2022.

Over night.

That was last December 2020.

A year ago, I rented a dry van and the day I picked it up, my rep had his phone ringing off the hook wanting to know if I’d backed out on picking it up.

That was late February 2020 as the COVID stupidity was beginning.

So it begs....

Who suddenly ordered THAT MANY trailers/trucks to completely lock up production lines?

Or did manufacturing cut the number of available build slots due to COVID-19 Staffing levels?

I hauled a couple months worth of trailer suspension components to Hendrickson and the issues both had is mainly staffing was cut to 50%. Everyone was still employed, but they only kept half the staff around for two weeks and rotated them so everyone kept working and didn’t get exposed.

They had back orders for 8 months they were trying to catch up with.

That’s only a couple components.

There’s a couple hundred components on trailers all impacted similar.

F8DD0360-1126-4962-9AE8-17364A6A1FF4.jpeg

You can push that impact into every product on the global market.

This is an economic disaster just beginning to play out. So it’ll be interesting to see how it develops

Good.

Every time "everyone is trying to get in the game" happens, we end up with an excess of capacity and rates crash.

Maybe the semiconductor shortage that's killing the auto industry is also hampering heavy truck manufacturers
That what happens when we Hi-Tech everything up.

It's more difficult to use and much more expensive too.

But gosh darn it they are Dedicated to teching every last thing up I swear

Or did manufacturing cut the number of available build slots due to COVID-19 Staffing levels?
COVID hurt freightliner pretty bad. Not only assembly employees, but also parts availability.

Kind of like when my fuel tank was leaking. Had they not been able to repair it, I would have been SOL because the company manufacturing the fuel tanks was shut down completely due to COVID and not one tank was available new.

COVID hurt freightliner pretty bad. Not only assembly employees, but also parts availability.

Kind of like when my fuel tank was leaking. Had they not been able to repair it, I would have been SOL because the company manufacturing the fuel tanks was shut down completely due to COVID and not one tank was available new.
Would you have went with a junkyard tank just to get you by?

Would you have went with a junkyard tank just to get you by?
Nah, I would have gotten it home and had it repaired if the Detroit shop not been able to take care of it. Bunk heater and tripac were both plumbed into that tank.

My tanks are in the shop being welded and repaired as we speak. They took them off and sent them to the welder on 4/6.

The used ones I find are in no better condition. Blemish or new ones are virtually nonexistent.

I’m home until they get fixed.🤬

Insult to injury; they ordered me a new windshield prior to me coming home in March. They destroyed the old one already taking it out and the “new one” was wrong as well as gouged.

The replacement replacement window was supposed to be here yesterday. Not.

My tanks are in the shop being welded and repaired as we speak. They took them off and sent them to the welder on 4/6.

The used ones I find are in no better condition. Blemish or new ones are virtually nonexistent.

I’m home until they get fixed.🤬

Insult to injury; they ordered me a new windshield prior to me coming home in March. They destroyed the old one already taking it out and the “new one” was wrong as well as gouged.

The replacement replacement window was supposed to be here yesterday. Not.
😢

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread