Trucker not allowed to park on his own land

Cybergal

Trucker not allowed to park on his own land
9/18/07
San Juan
A San Juan couple wants to know why they can't park their trucks on their own land, even though they have to pay the city taxes on it.

Story continues with VIDEO
newschannel5

Because they said so. That's why. That's all it takes anymore. I'm so sick of it.

I get that, from my area. I had four cars. All ran, all plated and insured. No trashy cars either. All parked on my own drive. Not in the grass or behind my house or anything like that. They tried to tell me I had too many and had to get rid of one or two. Said it made the neighborhood look bad.

Many places are like this, and that is something you really have to think about when you are a truck driver, especially if you are an independent. Make sure you are going to have a secure place to park the rig.

There was a man sentenced to 3 months in jail because he had more cars than the ordinance allowed.....They allowed 2. Which he usually had.....until their 3 kids came home from college. Then they had 5. Can't have 5. Must jail you if you have 5!

Insanity rules!

Because they said so. That's why. That's all it takes anymore. I'm so sick of it.

Well I think it's time "We the People" said so then...

These people in higher up places are getting away with way to much and they know it.

YOU are right, it's insane and don't make much sense.

Luckily I live in a small town in the midwest where there is no zoning and no homeowners association dictating what colour roses I plant in my yard.

I am very thankful that we have a secure place 10 miles down the street with security to drop our trailer at while on home time. While we are home the County Sheriffs department watches our Tractor for us for free as we park it on a cul-de-sac we can see from our house up by the top. The Sheriff has learned when it's parked there the area is more secure. There aren't as many parties going on down in the cul-de-sac. The 3 years we have lived here we have never had a problem with anyone messing with our truck.
I take that back one retard came to my house drunk/high asked to borrow $5.OO cause my neighbors weren't home and asked if I thought the truck across the street had the keys in it. I told him to get off my land or he could ask the County that question after I turned the dogs loose on him and I cut loose. LOL I haven't seen that guy since then. That was 3 months ago. LOL.

**** and Moan... What a rediculous country we live in. We can buy our own land, but we can't use it. I love america.

Here is what I would do if I were in a rebel state of mind. I would put up a HUGE privacy fence that covered enough of the view of my property so people could not see my truck sitting in my yard. I would also make it a gated entrance that could only be opened by me and my spouse and Dare the government to come on my property with out a seizure warrant.

I would then place land mines all on the inside perameter of my land and post a sign stating "Watch your Step".

Since we can buy everything, and own nothing nor have the rights to use what we buy, I think I will quit my driving career, start drawing medicaid for my family and put out donation jars at gas stations to make my income. In the process I will accidentally on purpose break my leg so severely that I have to draw dissability. I will then totally live off the Government and Tax payers. This is the land of opportunity, so why not take advantage of it?

:p:D:D;)

I must have missed the memo that said: That founding fathers weren't serious. The government is going to be king and tell you what to do.

Where did the "Land of the free" go?

**** and Moan... What a rediculous country we live in. We can buy our own land, but we can't use it. I love america.

Here is what I would do if I were in a rebel state of mind. I would put up a HUGE privacy fence that covered enough of the view of my property so people could not see my truck sitting in my yard. I would also make it a gated entrance that could only be opened by me and my spouse and Dare the government to come on my property with out a seizure warrant.

I would then place land mines all on the inside perameter of my land and post a sign stating "Watch your Step".

Since we can buy everything, and own nothing nor have the rights to use what we buy, I think I will quit my driving career, start drawing medicaid for my family and put out donation jars at gas stations to make my income. In the process I will accidentally on purpose break my leg so severely that I have to draw dissability. I will then totally live off the Government and Tax payers. This is the land of opportunity, so why not take advantage of it?

:p:D:D;)

I like your thinking, but I have bad news. Most of these areas have rules about the size of your fence, height of fence, and type of fence. I live in one of these areas that does not like trucks. They passed a rule that no commercial vehicle over 10,000 lbs is allowed in the residential area. They mentioned it to me, I started asking about the local plumbers, contractors, and the utility company trucks. They never said another thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread