Truck Stop Parking and Your Hood.

Sinister

pari animositate
Have you ever had a job that sucked, but the people you worked with were awesome?

Have you ever wondered what cen be improved about trucking overall to make it better?

Obviously we cannot rely on government or company policy to make us happy.

So we have to rely on ourselves.

Have you ever wondered what can be done to prevent some of the dumber incidents and accidents from occurring? Like tearing someone's hood off when pulling out?

Again, relying on government and company policy has not helped this issue.

A large part of what makes a working environment good or bad is the people involved. How they treat you, and their actions can go a long way toward making anything good or bad.

One of the things drivers can do to help the trucking industry be good, and to prevent someone from tearing their hood off is to back all the way into the parking spot.

BACK ALL THE WAY INTO THE SPOT YOU MORONS.

For the sake of us all, your hood and the industry itself.

Do NOT do this:
20210204_174647.jpg20210204_174620.jpg

Instead DO THIS:
20210204_174634.jpg

Don't make me quote Engvall!

But to your main point, the general decline basic mechanical aptitude as well as general critical thinking skills have us where we are. And the demographic shift in the driver poll hasn't helped either.
"Demographic shift in the driver pool."

I like that.

Have you ever had a job that sucked, but the people you worked with were awesome?

Have you ever wondered what cen be improved about trucking overall to make it better?

Obviously we cannot rely on government or company policy to make us happy.

So we have to rely on ourselves.

Have you ever wondered what can be done to prevent some of the dumber incidents and accidents from occurring? Like tearing someone's hood off when pulling out?

Again, relying on government and company policy has not helped this issue.

A large part of what makes a working environment good or bad is the people involved. How they treat you, and their actions can go a long way toward making anything good or bad.

One of the things drivers can do to help the trucking industry be good, and to prevent someone from tearing their hood off is to back all the way into the parking spot.

BACK ALL THE WAY INTO THE SPOT YOU MORONS.

For the sake of us all, your hood and the industry itself.

Do NOT do this:
View attachment 77845View attachment 77846

Instead DO THIS:
View attachment 77847
I ain't gonna lie to you about 6 weeks ago I was tired half asleep not paying enough attention and did not pull up far enough and creamed this poor guys truck.

My company was not too happy but they didn't fire me yet just said let that be the worst thing you ever do here and learn from it.IMG_20210222_152126790.jpgIMG_20210222_152122346.jpg

IMG_20210222_152105153.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210222_152040959.jpg
    IMG_20210222_152040959.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 1
I ain't gonna lie to you about 6 weeks ago I was tired half asleep not paying enough attention and did not pull up far enough and creamed this poor guys truck.

My company was not too happy but they didn't fire me yet just said let that be the worst thing you ever do here and learn from it.View attachment 81097View attachment 81098

View attachment 81101
That is pretty bad. But! Not as bad as the guy in our yard that did that to his own truck.
Scene, Dipshit tries to back out of the driveway after realizing how congested it was. My buddy was blowing the air horn to stop the guy. The guy gave my buddy the finger and then...smacked the passengers side of his truck on the hydro pole.

Poetic justice! :thumbsup: :rolllaugh2:

Last edited:
That is pretty bad. But! Not as bad as the guy in our yard that did that to his own truck.
Scene, Dipshit tries to back out of the driveway after realizing how contested it was. My buddy was blowing the air horn to stop the guy. The guy gave my buddy the finger and then...smacked the passengers side of his truck on the hydro pole.

Nice. 👍

Scene, Dipshit tries to back out of the driveway after realizing how contested it was. My buddy was blowing the air horn to stop the guy. The guy gave my buddy the finger and then...smacked the passengers side of his truck on the hydro pole.

What's a hydro pole? Is that what you call a fire hydrant in The Canada? 🤔

I could have just drove off it was private property but I knew I screwed up so I pulled aside and waited for the guy to come out.

The police came and said it's private property but I can do an incident report make it easier for both of you to exchange information.

I have not heard anything since the Safety Directors earful so unsure as to the final result of that mishap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread