Truck Repair Manuals?!?

psears123

Hello,
Been thinking about buying a used Freightliner or Pete for a FEDEX line haul run. I thought ot might be a good idea to learn how to do at least some basic repairs on my own to keep costs down. However, when I go to look for repair manuals on Amazon and the other usual places, there is NOTHING on repairing, restoring or upgrading semi trucks! If I wanted to hot rod a Porsche or Mustang, there are TONS of resources available. What's the deal witj trucking? Seems like there is a lot of secrecy involving trucking since I've started researching this...
Is there a website that specializes in semi truck repair manuals? How about aftermarket parts like upgraded brake systems, suspension kits, etc.?

Hello,
Been thinking about buying a used Freightliner or Pete for a FEDEX line haul run. I thought ot might be a good idea to learn how to do at least some basic repairs on my own to keep costs down. However, when I go to look for repair manuals on Amazon and the other usual places, there is NOTHING on repairing, restoring or upgrading semi trucks! If I wanted to hot rod a Porsche or Mustang, there are TONS of resources available. What's the deal witj trucking? Seems like there is a lot of secrecy involving trucking since I've started researching this...
Is there a website that specializes in semi truck repair manuals? How about aftermarket parts like upgraded brake systems, suspension kits, etc.?
go to a dealer, they may have to order them from there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread