• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

TMC orientation

Greetings, I leave Alabama today for Iowa. TMC orientation begins Monday and I want to let people who may be interested in TMC know what to expect. I will try my best to update daily.

Did gunny go over the angle cosine securement reduction formula and all that fun stuff too?

Seen a truck in Watertown yesterday.

Had a payloader on it. Big sucker though.

Had 5/16" chain run up into the tow pin and over the bucket arms.

Had one binder on each chain and you could see it was loose.

I still don't agree with the indirect vs direct WLL rules. It's the same chain....
No different than a sling load for a crane really.

You want that 40,000 pound generator set on your truck with insufficient lifting slings?

Personally, I don't like the idea of a 44,000 grader rolling into my cab with me. I'll set two extra binders.

IMG_20171005_150942893_HDR.jpg

No different than a sling load for a crane really.

You want that 40,000 pound generator set on your truck with insufficient lifting slings?

Personally, I don't like the idea of a 44,000 grader rolling into my cab with me. I'll set two extra binders.

View attachment 44909

That kind of makes sense. I asked about it in the flatbed section awhile ago. It CAN be trickier to get enough chains on some equipment. It's always better to be over secured.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread