Time to clean house.... My RANT of the week.

Why do I even have the opportunity to read/see stories of drivers who are not fit to drive FINALLY being taken off the road after NUMEROUS issues???

Wrecks, Drunk Driving, Drug Use, Serial Killers, Kidnappers, Rapists, Mental Illness, Habitual sexual harassment to co-drivers, Violence......

REALLY !!!???
SERIOUSLY !!!???

Is there ANYONE who can honestly say these things are acceptable ???

You like needles scattered on the lots? You like underage girls being lot lizzards, most times against their will? :puke:

You like being scrutinized and treated like 2nd class citizens because of the "bad apples"??

Is it REALLY "alright" that the public deems YOU as being JUST THE SAME as these lowlifes "by association" ???

Do you think it's OK that some pervert would take a child (under 18 meets the law) on his truck and sexually abuse them ????

I DON'T !!!!

Yet I see horror stories all the time.
(no specific in mind really, just ALL of them)

And it is NOT "ok" with me.
(which is "bad" cause killin pedo's is like killin roaches in my book and I could get in trouble easily)

I really believe it's time to have "set standards" that weed out those who have problems and the potential to cause death and injury.

We need STANDARDS, and those should be adhered to STRICTLY.
The industry needs to be cleaned up, and FAST.

The dregs of society that manage to scrape by and get turned loose in a truck are the #1 reason those of us who are upstanding and honest citizens get piled in the "lowlife" heap.
You ARE judged by the company you keep and those you "hang with".

We need to INSIST that those who don't have clean backgrounds be kept OUT of the drivers seat.
And we need to INSIST that those who cannot act right in the drivers seat are REMOVED in a manner that they can't return to it.

Hard stance??
YES !!
But it's time to clean up our industry.

If there is a problem that has to be "overlooked", then a person needs to be told flat out so they can go find a job selling womens shoes or something where they can't kill people WHEN they screw up.

We don't need drug users, drunks, convicts (even "EX"), pedophiles, sexual predators, people with more wrecks than years driving, and those who cannot demonstrate proficiency at ALL aspects of the job to COMPETENT evaluators within 3 months.

Yes, I see the posts here and know some here have "problems".
I'm sorry for you.
You made your bed, you must sleep in it.

I, for one, am sick and tired of being demonized for the ones who were too self indulgent in the past to live a straight life.

Companies need to stop hiring wannabes and drivers with a "marginal" background.
Why keep or hire someone you KNOW has issues??

Schools need to stop accepting those who cannot meet the requirements instead of taking them for the MONEY.
Just be honest and tell them they don't meet the required criteria.

And YES, I have been a "outlaw trucker" in my younger and stupider years, as well as the "victim" of non-driving wheel-holders who tested my driving skills to the limit as they tried to kill me.
(unsuccessfully thank God) There's nothing like being run into a median at 70mph by a jackwad and trying to keep it all upright til you get back on the road while he slings excuse on the CB that "he needed to get over and you shoulda gave way".

I apoligize for the smashed toes and hurt "feelings" that my position is sure to cause.
But that's life, this has needed to be said for a LONG time now, and in life the TRUTH HURTS sometimes.
Wipe your eyes and get over it. :baby::baby::baby:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....and just for the record.....
people who act like some of the wannabes and drivers say they "used to be" are not "cool" or "bad".
Those types are the reason I carry a firearm anytime I am out of the house.
THEY are a threat, and will NOT be allowed to harm me and mine.
"Mine" is worth more that 10,000 of "them", and I won't hesitate or miss sleep afterwards.
"Mis-spent youth" is no excuse for criminal behaviour or harming regular citizens who are doing right and trying to live life properly.
"They" make their choice, AND MINE by their actions.
I'm gonna live, be free, and pursue MY happiness as guaranteed... and ANYONE who wants to be a thug and try to infringe on that will be removed from MY "misery".... and that of other law abiding citizens.
Then "they" won't have to worry about trouble getting a job in the future.

Next post..... I'm going at DISPATCHERS hot and heavy........

Later,

I agree medicine man,get rid of all the low lifes behind the wheel.But will it ever happen,highly unlikely.I see many drivers out here that very much looks like all the above.Therefore we all get penalized.I would say trk driving is the most well hated carreer there is.

my feelings are not hurt and I don't disagree with your disdain of the perps you spoke about BUT remember folks there would be a cost involved (more government interference) to get this if it is even possible..... the schools will not back off because that is a lack of government kickbacks...oooops stimulus....ooops errr financial assistance....to the schools and companies that take all of the wannabies....

Why do I even have the opportunity to read/see stories of drivers who are not fit to drive FINALLY being taken off the road after NUMEROUS issues???

Wrecks, Drunk Driving, Drug Use, Serial Killers, Kidnappers, Rapists, Mental Illness, Habitual sexual harassment to co-drivers, Violence......

REALLY !!!???
SERIOUSLY !!!???

You like needles scattered on the lots? You like underage girls being lot lizzards, most times against their will? :puke:

You like being scrutinized and treated like 2nd class citizens because of the "bad apples"??

Is it REALLY "alright" that the public deems YOU as being JUST THE SAME as these lowlifes "by association" ???

Do you think it's OK that some pervert would take a child (under 18 meets the law) on his truck and sexually abuse them ????

I DON'T !!!!

(which is "bad" cause killin pedo's is like killin roaches in my book and I could get in trouble easily)

I really believe it's time to have "set standards" that weed out those who have problems and the potential to cause death and injury.

The dregs of society that manage to scrape by and get turned loose in a truck are the #1 reason those of us who are upstanding and honest citizens get piled in the "lowlife" heap.

We need to INSIST that those who don't have clean backgrounds be kept OUT of the drivers seat.
And we need to INSIST that those who cannot act right in the drivers seat are REMOVED in a manner that they can't return to it.

Hard stance??
YES !!

If there is a problem that has to be "overlooked", then a person needs to be told flat out so they can go find a job selling womens shoes or something where they can't kill people WHEN they screw up.

We don't need drug users, drunks, convicts (even "EX"), pedophiles, sexual predators, people with more wrecks than years driving, and those who cannot demonstrate proficiency at ALL aspects of the job to COMPETENT evaluators within 3 months.

I'm sorry for you.

I, for one, am sick and tired of being demonized for the ones who were too self indulgent in the past to live a straight life.

Companies need to stop hiring wannabes and drivers with a "marginal" background.

Schools need to stop accepting those who cannot meet the requirements instead of taking them for the MONEY.

And YES, I have been a "outlaw trucker" in my younger and stupider years, as well as the "victim" of non-driving wheel-holders who tested my driving skills to the limit as they tried to kill me.
(unsuccessfully thank God) There's nothing like being run into a median at 70mph by a jackwad and trying to keep it all upright til you get back on the road while he slings excuse on the CB that "he needed to get over and you shoulda gave way".

I apoligize for the smashed toes and hurt "feelings" that my position is sure to cause.
But that's life, this has needed to be said for a LONG time now, and in life the TRUTH HURTS sometimes.

people who act like some of the wannabes and drivers say they "used to be" are not "cool" or "bad".
"Mine" is worth more that 10,000 of "them", and I won't hesitate or miss sleep afterwards.
"Mis-spent youth" is no excuse for criminal behaviour or harming regular citizens who are doing right and trying to live life properly.
I'm gonna live, be free, and pursue MY happiness as guaranteed... and ANYONE who wants to be a thug and try to infringe on that will be removed from MY "misery".... and that of other law abiding citizens.

Later,
The individuals you speak of are just a sampling of the larger population. They are everywhere and in every profession but usually more so in jobs that are easily obtained and require little education. Just be aware, if you are wanting more industry regulation, it will create more hoops for the honest, hard working drivers, as well as the riff raff. Unfortunately, the riff raff usually find loop holes.

I do not see how this would involve government regulation..what it would require is simply government doing its job and private carrier don't look away if there is a problem in favor of profit..

that may be true but it would give them more pleasure to write a 15K page bill loaded with piggypork rinds than to do their job....

I reallly, REALLY, REALLY, hate and don't want Govt regulation.

I despise government intrusion more than I am willing to describe here.

I believe this could be done by companies and the industry itself.

And it is a WIN/WIN for companies and drivers.

BTW - govt can only overcomplicate things.
Like the new HOS a few years ago.
ALL they had to do was eliminate the 70 hour rule and it would have fixed things perfectly, but you see what we got instead.

:hide:I think everybody should be paid on job performance..but that wouldn't fit in with the hopy changy social justice thingy :tiptoe:

I agree with Most of that I myself being a recovering drug addict agree nobody should be driving under the effects of any drugs including prescription ...So people overlook that drug problem all together ...

See in my area drivers are in such a high demand most companies are looking for 6 months experience ...I heard of a water hauler in my area going as low as 2 months experience ...

So I guess around here they are getting laxer than other areas ...

REALLY !!!???
SERIOUSLY !!!???

I DON'T !!!!

Hard stance??
YES !!

I'm sorry for you.

Later,

Rattle them cages all you want I agree with every thing you said, go get them partner.:hunter:

Are you a Nazi? Just wondering. The things that you're saying about the truckers are the same things that the Nazi's said about the Jews, and everything they said could not be backed up by evidence.
I've been in the trucking industry for ten years. I've rarely seen the things that you're talking about. I've been approached by two lot lizzards in that time period, and they were so disgusting(rotten teeth, tar lips from smoking cigarettes) that they would have had to pay me. I've never seen a fight at a truck stop. I've never seen anything white in a little plastic bag. Most of the drivers that I have been around are disgusted by the lot lizzards, and although they occassionally throw temper tantrums I have never seen any of them throw a punch at someone. Again, this has been over a ten year period, being in hundreds of truck stops and seeing thousands upon thousands of other drivers, and not one fight or drug deal. I'm sure there is more that goes on behind the scenes, but you'll find that in any profession, in your local town, and more fights in your local bar in 2 weeks than you'll see in the trucking industry in 90 years.
You're ideas are totally unfounded and without evidence. You sound like someone that has been spoon fed a bunch of religious dogma.

the only thing i can disagree with is your statment " I carry a firearm anytime I am out of the house" which I assume to mean that you carry in your truck which is in most instances against is the law and if you are caught will create the same black eye to the industry, I know that there are certain circumstances in which you can actually carry but in most operations you are going to be violating the law.
AS an NRA member and concealed carry holder and a long time trucker I can say that the government needs to change the laws in this area but until they do I will obey the law and carry other means of defense while I am driving, I don't need the hassle and great expense carrying in my truck would cause, let alone the 10 +year sentence that could be imposed.

Where is it officially written that the possession of firearms is completely illegal? The federal regulations that we are required to abide by lists no such thing. A company or shipper may list that firearms are forbidden as per their own policies, but so far there isn't a solid, set-in-stone, written in "pure english" law that forbids operators of CMV's the legal possession of firearms.

Jeeze I hope there is'nt! I've been carrying firearms in my trucks for years.
Where is it officially written that the possession of firearms is completely illegal? The federal regulations that we are required to abide by lists no such thing. A company or shipper may list that firearms are forbidden as per their own policies, but so far there isn't a solid, set-in-stone, written in "pure english" law that forbids operators of CMV's the legal possession of firearms.

I spose maybe it depends on what firearms are you talking about??????????????? What would u consider ok to have in your truck??????????????

I spose maybe it depends on what firearms are you talking about??????????????? What would u consider ok to have in your truck??????????????

Just the legal ones. Basically, anything that a person would have to register and obtain a permit for like most smaller guns for instance. I doubt that shotguns and rifles would qualify for a concealment licence, although it would be nice. There were some pretty bad areas that I had to pick loads up at late hours. Picking up Target loads at 2am in Compton, CA always gave me uneasy vibes. Thankfully though, I quit my last company that hauls loads out of the area.

CHP has never said any thing about the gun racks during an inspection, but I don't think I've had any thing in them during a BIT.

The subject of the legality of firearms in commercial vehicles has been discussed here many times before, and no one has been able to quote the law that states it is illegal to carry a firearm in a truck.True, many companies have rules against drivers carrying guns in the company truck, even if the driver has a concealed weapons permit, and many shippers and consignees also have rules regarding firearms.Additionally, it is a very bad idea to carry a weapon when crossing the US/Canada border, and Canada has weird gun ownership laws.One more thing, when I pick up or deliver at certain military installations, they search my truck and weapons are on the list of things they are looking for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread