• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Thinking of Driving for werner

Lucian83

Hi I am thinking of coming on board with werner they seem to offer everything I'm looking for as far as pet policy and rider policy and manual transmissions my question though is the recruiter I talked to said that werner had some volvos now and that it was a good chance that i could get one when i came on board and also what are werner drivers averaging mileage per week if any of you werner guys are on here and see this please let me know what you know.

Werner is so-so, but I quit the company back in 2009 because the dispatchers and the majority of the operations staff views their drivers as less than people. Communication with the drivers leaves something to be desired, and be wary of certain dispatchers that bug you to correct your electronic log entries or get you to run illegal. If it weren't for those stupid dispatchers, Werner would be an excellent company.

Somewhat decent trucks...some have APUs, and some don't, and make sure your equipment is top-notch. Otherwise you risk getting your truck red-tagged and placed out of service if you go through one of the terminal's safety inspection bays. It doesn't matter if you're under a load or not.

If you start out in the 48 state division, be careful about accepting regional offers that not only pay less, but pay you on the sliding pay scale. Plus, the dispatchers LOVE to run the regional drivers across the 48 states in an effort to save money (or steal). I used to tell other drivers that I was part of the "Western 48" division.

There's money to be made if you snatch up a dedicated account position such as Family Dollar, or Dollar General. So, they're not all bad, but they're not all good either.

I agree, I have 6 months and this is a pretty good description. Is like having an uncaring step parent. They dont beat you, but they sure as hell arent going to buy you a bike for christmas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread