Things to pack for OTR

jerryb

Hi all,

This might sound like to trivial question. I have a number of years experience driving trucks but I `m due to start up to 10 days out at a time OTR. What would you all advise that I take/pack so I don`t have to start spending hard earned money on the road.

Any lists of things you take would be goog. Also what can`t you do without.
Thanks

Jerryb

you can drive 56 hours per week but not more than 90 over 2 weeks. 9 hours per day this can be extended to 10 hours driving twice a week. thats the basic rules but they get really confusing.
my house is average at £145000.00 about $290000.00
my wage is a little above average at £600.00 about $1180.00 per week.
Fuel has gone up 30% over the past few months it's now about £5.50 / $10.80 per uk gallon or $13.00 per US gallon.
Even in the republic of ireland where i fuel up it's gone up. the euro has gone from 1.45 to the pound to 1.25 to the pound. plus the price of oil it's gone up 50% in 3 months. Thats why i want out.

I belive you are doing much better then we are.
buy now you know our Country is in great trouble.
We have 7 months left of our fearless leader.
And years to fix this mess we are in.
Alot of us can not pull out, our trucks are parked and jobs cant be found.
Even if you do find one the wage is so low you might as well call it slave labor.
The only good thing is your euro is worth alot more then our dollar. So if you played it right who knows. But it wont be in trucking.

That bad? I'm still waiting to hear from KBR about work in Iraq but as the dollar is so weak against the pound, that's probably not worth it either.
It's just so crap here. I think we should never have abolished hanging for treason. then we could string up thatcher, blair and brown from the same tree.

That bad? I'm still waiting to hear from KBR about work in Iraq but as the dollar is so weak against the pound, that's probably not worth it either.
It's just so crap here. I think we should never have abolished hanging for treason. then we could string up thatcher, blair and brown from the same tree.

I would wait on the KBR. Since this was a subsidiary of Halliburton, they are about to go under the knife for what they are spending and where are the results. To much corruption in those two co.

Don't remember anybody saying baby wipes. I also reccomend face wipes like the stridex brand or Kleenex hand and face wipes. They are good for "freshening up" between showers. Also a container of Clorox disinfecting wipes. Even if the toilet in a rest area or truck stop looks clean, I like to give the seat a quick once over with a disinfecting wipe

Insignia LCD 15"
10084076.jpg

It packs away easily for secure travel.
View attachment 9237
View attachment 9237

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread