The One At Home

lunachic

BITE ME !
This subject was brought up awhile back, Went to look for it but some man keeps changing everything around.....................
Using MEN as a example.........Now with that said.
If you spend your time as a o.t.r. wife worried about what could happen you will distroy the marriage.
I'm not going to sugar coat it and say, it never happens it does, But at some point you have to learn to trust and more so not to question.
The question it self can tear you up, If the thought is in your head you won't belive the truth, And it will be a never ending battle...............
So rule number 1........Don't ask..................never.
Find a hobby sounds silly but it helps. It takes up time. I'm a yard sale junkie............
It's a hard life for them and a hard life for us..............
Just today I hung up on mine 3 time's....Why because the freaken tolite broke again......
Silly ya I know but j.b. weld and super glue and bread twister's only work so many times.......
If he stops driving because you want him too, He will never forget it. Let him live his dream and try to make a living.
Remember someone is alway's here for you..................

VERY GOOD POST and good advice, my wife has been with me for 30 yrs and its been hard on her but she is a trooper she is always there and always does more then her part.
if you think about bad things it will drive you crazy, think about the good times you will have when he comes home .
J.R. HORTON

God bless the married people making it work. OTR is like a cancer to a marriage and with all the same 5 phases. Probably best to just get on to acceptance, it will sustain you longer.

From what I see, it's just skipping the whole marriage part and going straight to the alimony/child support/visitation phase.

This industry will expose all the hard parts of relationships. Performance expectations rubbed raw, financially and sexually. God forbid you're not in the mood on that weekend home. You begin to realize your requirements and input to the relationship and the fights never end from there, it's a standoff. Same with him if there's no paycheck for a couple weeks.

I praise you all but don't envy.

Some relationships work better because the husband is OTR... My wife seems to get a little pissy if I'm around the house for more than three, or four days. When I get home from a stretch of road time, it's all huggy-huggy, kissy-kissy for a few days. Then I can sense the impatience beginning to grow. She says I'm messing up her routine, making her late for work, trashing up the kitchen (a man's gotta' eat), hoggin' the TV, hoggin' the 'puter, hoggin' the bed. Dayum!!! It's time to go.

Absence, it makes the heart grow fonder, for a little while.

It is tough, but it is something that has been a reality for many years. Not just trucking though. You have people in business that are gone for long stretches. Go back a century and you had husbands that left for weeks/months at a time to go work crops, and you had the original trucker that loaded up horse and buggy and was gone for long lengths of time delivering product and sleeping out on the ground (no easy telephone contact back then).

Make the best of the time together

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread