The Ever Increasing Difficulty of Life on the Road

Not really.....California comes to mind.
Even in Cali you can idle in extreme weather conditions, especially if you aren't at a TS equipped with clean idle.

Even in Cali you can idle in extreme weather conditions, especially if you aren't at a TS equipped with clean idle.

No, you can't....They will ticket you if they catch you, No exceptions!
California has a zero tolerance policy about that now....Odds are they won't catch you, but if they do, it'll cost you.

They do not care if you're cold, or hot, or sad because your mommy couldn't come on the trip with you to hold your little hand.

No, you can't....They will ticket you if they catch you, No exceptions!
California has a zero tolerance policy about that now....Odds are they won't catch you, but if they do, it'll cost you.

They do not care if you're cold, or hot, or sad because your mommy couldn't come on the trip with you to hold your little hand.
Somehow I doubt this, but if this is true then here's another reason why I tore those pages out of my road atlas.

Every "no idle" policy has expemptions.
And as I c l e a r l y stated... A new driver may NOT be comfortable in defying a posting, on private property, (I'll add the unwritten here due to the obviousness going over your head), that might have consequences that new driver doesn't want to face.

And as I c l e a r l y stated... A new driver may NOT be comfortable in defying a posting, on private property, (I'll add the unwritten here due to the obviousness going over your head), that might have consequences that new driver doesn't want to face.
I love to defy postings when they are useless or make no commonsense. What are they going to do not let you come back?
When it gets to that point with me I'm usually the one saying NEVER call me agian. Or better tell me they won't unload me?
I know how to sell stuff on ebay.

I love to defy postings when they are useless or make no commonsense.
Me also.
What are they going to do not let you come back?
Yes. Any carrier can be banned from a property.
When it gets to that point with me I'm usually the one saying NEVER call me agian.
Yep. If dispatch sends me an offer that has a specific receiver or shipper that is proven to be bad my reply is always ..."next" .
Or better tell me they won't unload me?
I know how to sell stuff on ebay.
LOL! I simply ask for the location of the nearest food shelf.

I've been at Little Sisters many times. 70 degrees and the whole parking lot idling. No tickets.

I think the OP's story was well written. It was not a documentary. It was a fictional summarize of the B.S drivers go through at times. Maybe the OP will reply to this thread after all and face of all the assumptions.

And if Bob waited 7 hrs to get unloaded and 3 hrs for a tow truck, he has hours back as that's enough for a 10 hr break. Even being there 8 hrs would have been enough for a 8-2 split.

Again, horrible time management skills. You don't need to spend all your time at a customer on line 4.
Maybe so, but some of us like to get some actual sleep after a long day of getting jerked around, regardless of what our duty status is. More than once I have declined the opportunity to take a load at night after spending all day not driving and "off duty" while dealing with whatever BS kept me occupied all day.

Here's a theory I'm building.....

Throughout history the driving force has always been the do-ers; the carpenters, the builders, the farmers, the fishermen, etc. (yes, even the truckers). We've always outnumbered the paper-pushers about 1000 to one. Oh, we always had flashy guy who was good at BS and hobnobbed around with the money.... and a dreamer or two who came up with "the plan".... but when it came down to building the thing you went to the guys with the calluses on their hands. You wanna builda pyramid? Great, get me the guys who know how to stack the blocks so's it won't all fall over the first time the Pharaoh farts.

But take a look at our schools and colleges today. What are they churning out? Paper Shufflers, that's what. Waaaaay more than there are jobs for. Look at any job site today; for each 10 guys who actually do it there are 20 or 40 office monkeys creating a blizzard of paper. And do you know why they do that??? Simple, they are deathly afraid that soon or late the world is gonna realize that they aren't needed. So they pour out endless reams of papers and rules and regulations and they even trade them back and forth and rewrite them and trade em again. All in a desperate attempt to say "Look at me!!!! See how busy I am? See how important I am???" Yep, they're scared s--tless for their cushy (and worthless) jobs.

What's the answer? Oddly enough, it's their favorite thing..... the computer. Y'see, right from the "get go" computers were designed to replace office monkeys and every new "advance" brings them closer to the bread line. :yahoo:

You might want to check the blog of an off-the-charts genius friend for a comprehensive review of doers, drones, politicians et al. When I knew him at Berkeley in the tear gas days he was a math fybate and used to beat down his profs. He got his Ph.D. in statistics but in the blog doesn't force math on the reader. He starts with a statistical explanation of how groups and individuals are valued in society and expands it to a rational view of how the U.S.A. got into the fix it's in. Check it at: http://lloydsauvante.wordpress.com/

people have gotten tickets for running there apu's out here they don't care like blackw900 said. I belive that your forgettin something here that commieforinas broke and they will do anything for a buck:mad::mad::mad:

Could you stay on wal-marts lot forcing them to call the police. once the police show up you tell the officer that you can't move the truck due to federal law? Doesn't Federal law trump their policy's?

Could you stay on wal-marts lot forcing them to call the police. once the police show up you tell the officer that you can't move the truck due to federal law? Doesn't Federal law trump their policy's?
No & that's one of the problems with electronic logs. You can end up between a rock & a hard place like that.

Horse puckey. Elogs did not place anyone anywhere or in any situation.

What you do is make sure they know you will be leaving to avoid violations, and you only work for carriers that back you when you do.

It isn't a question of policy, it's a question of property rights.
You can't allow that level of federal meddling without allowing a similar level of meddling into your personal binuzz, not that there's a helluva lot left that the feds don't stick their big, fat, ugly noses into. :mad:

I do think that strict enforcement of HOS rules implies an obligation on those who make them to provide a means of compliance.

It depends on where you are.
Hell, 20 years ago (many) people delivering into NYC or Long Island used to stage at Buckhorn, Pa 200 miles out because it was the last decent safe bet to take a break. If things didn't go well you might not get there and back in a legal shift. :eek:

Every worker is subject to a maximum hours allowed to work. Most do not know it. I would be not too happy if the T.V. delivery guy claimed they where out of hours and was going to take their break on my couch. If I called the police they would give him a ride and a place to sleep and a ticket if not a criminal trespass.

Truckers do not get to legally squat. Because of a fed law.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread