The Double life of a Truck Driver

I almost walked up to one of those trailers a few times. Just to talk or maybe get some inspiration or find out if they hand out the good book for a donation.
I never did though.
I am glad they are out there though, to help drivers.
It's way too easy to get inside your own head with all the isolation. True we are 2 different people on the road from what we are at home.
I am at a good gig now where I have plenty of interaction, maybe too much interaction with other people at times. :D

Some people, prefer or need some isolation. That’s me most of the time. Been that way long before trucking. But if I run into someone who wants to talk and gets a good convo going, someone who works for the same company we go into eat, parked over a weekend somewhere we head to the bar or whatever. It’s a balancing act for me. Too much interaction it swings me one way and not enough swings me another. Driving has really fixed something for me in that respect.

I have been into mobile chapels for Sunday service before. Just me and a preacher in there. The sermon skids into a talk about life and things I’m going through. It can be a relief to talk things out with an unobjectionable person.

Decent video thanks for sharing.

1st week over the road with a nightmare trainer and I was losing it. These guys helped me through it. Good people. If you're feeling down, head into that chapel God will take the burden off. Always does for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread