The Christmas Star

My view southwest:

20201218_165945.jpg

But up above that cloud cover, the only things in the sky, other than the moon, that aren't moving and blinking, and happen to be dead on southeast, like a 225° compass heading, are these two dots.

Full digital zoom from phone camera:

20201218_171009.jpg

No digital zoom, but camera lens held up to the eye piece of a pair of binoculars:

20201218_170153.jpg

There are "billions and billions" of tiny little white dots in the night sky.

But this is the only time until 2040 when you can see these two particular white dots at this particular spot in the sky, close to each other.

Better get out there right now! You don't want to have to wait 20 years to see two little white dots again! 😳

My view southwest:

View attachment 75680

But up above that cloud cover, the only things in the sky, other than the moon, that aren't moving and blinking, and happen to be dead on southeast, like a 225° compass heading, are these two dots.

Full digital zoom from phone camera:

View attachment 75681

No digital zoom, but camera lens held up to the eye piece of a pair of binoculars:

View attachment 75682

There are "billions and billions" of tiny little white dots in the night sky.

But this is the only time until 2040 when you can see these two particular white dots at this particular spot in the sky, close to each other.

Better get out there right now! You don't want to have to wait 20 years to see two little white dots again! 😳
Even still that is pretty cool!
Just need some imagination of these massive planets.

I bet NASA will have some cool pics on their website.

I didn't get to see it because it was cloudy here. It seems like every time there is some cool happenings in space, it either cloudy or happens way too late on a weeknight.
The last cool thing I got to see was the eclipse that happened like 3 years ago or so.

I didn't get to see it because it was cloudy here. It seems like every time there is some cool happenings in space, it either cloudy or happens way too late on a weeknight.
The last cool thing I got to see was the eclipse that happened like 3 years ago or so.
They're still really close. SW sky just after dark

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread