Trucking News: Tesla names new head of trucking division as the company nears its first Semi deliveries

Yes, I just did a straight conversion. 2500 hp = 1.86 Mw.

You can figure on a minimum of 10% charging losses, and likely higher.
OK and since the criminally insane regime in control won't allow any additional time-tested and proven coal, hydro, nuclear or gas power plants to be built and are in fact planning on closing some, all we will have available to power these new and massive electrical loads will be wind and solar.

Wind:

A large wind turbine can produce up to about 2 megawatts of electricity, according to source.

So, a "large" wind turbine will charge ten trucks IF it stays windy for ten hours.

If we arrive at a time when 200 electric trucks can charge during their ten hour breaks at a single truck stop, it would take an entire wind farm to power the chargers. At night. Assuming there's wind.

They'll probably to maintain some kind of massive batteries to store up energy in the daytime when there's more wind but everyone is out driving.

Sounds like the nerds have their work cut out for them.

OK and since the criminally insane regime in control won't allow any additional time-tested and proven coal, hydro, nuclear or gas power plants to be built and are in fact planning on closing some, all we will have available to power these new and massive electrical loads will be wind and solar.

Wind:

A large wind turbine can produce up to about 2 megawatts of electricity, according to source.

So, a "large" wind turbine will charge ten trucks IF it stays windy for ten hours.

If we arrive at a time when 200 electric trucks can charge during their ten hour breaks at a single truck stop, it would take an entire wind farm to power the chargers. At night. Assuming there's wind.

They'll probably to maintain some kind of massive batteries to store up energy in the daytime when there's more wind but everyone is out driving.

Sounds like the nerds have their work cut out for them.
Just stick a wind turbine on each truck. Problem solved.

Just stick a wind turbine on each truck. Problem solved.
Yes. At 65 mph the wind turbine should make plenty of power to run the truck. It would never have to stop. 😊

My sister's first husband was an electrician in the Navy. During the Bush Junior years he worked for a private contractor that did telecommunications stuff in the White House. My niece got to participate in the White House Easter egg hunt one year.

Sounds pretty prestigious, like he's some kind of top notch electrician, right?

He tried to convince me and my dad that he was going to solve the world's energy problems by having an electric motor power a generator and the generator will power the motor plus additional loads. He was 100% serious. Not trolling us. 🙄

Last I heard that dumbass still lives in Manassas.

Man asses. 😎

Yes. At 65 mph the wind turbine should make plenty of power to run the truck. It would never have to stop. 😊

My sister's first husband was an electrician in the Navy. During the Bush Junior years he worked for a private contractor that did telecommunications stuff in the White House. My niece got to participate in the White House Easter egg hunt one year.

He tried to convince me and my dad that he was going to solve the world's energy problems by having an electric motor power a generator and the generator will power the motor plus additional loads. He was 100% serious. Not trolling us. 🙄

Man asses. 😎
You do realize that a far greater percentage of the population has that little understanding of energy losses than understands the subject? Even at the most basic level. The sheer ignorance of even the most basic science is frightening.

You do realize that a far greater percentage of the population has that little understanding of energy losses than understands the subject? Even at the most basic level. The sheer ignorance of even the most basic science is frightening.
Yes. I know.

Mankind is doomed. 😒

They're even dumber in England.

He tried to convince me and my dad that he was going to solve the world's energy problems by having an electric motor power a generator and the generator will power the motor
People really still believe that perpetual machines can be built, though it goes against the laws of thermodynamics.

Its been proven impossible time after time for years.

People really still believe that perpetual machines can be built, though it goes against the laws of thermodynamics.

Its been proven impossible time after time for years.
I invented one when I was 8 years old.

I had a radio flyer wagon, a German Shepherd, a fishing pole and a piece of steak.

I tied the leash to the wagon handle, tied the steak to the end of the fishing pole and held it out in front of the dog's face.

As he pulled towards the steak, he pulled the wagon with the leash, pulling me too, holding the fishing pole with the steak, so he would never catch the steak.

I made it about 5 or 6 houses down the street before it crashed and the dog ate the steak while I was bleeding. But that was long enough to prove that the concept works. 😎

Rail got some battery powered yard trucks.

Haven't seen one move yet. Not sure what they're waiting for. The batteries? Charger installation? *shrug*

Funny to have all that money just sitting.
they may have to wait for the power co to upgrade the lines the meter needs to be upgraded as well plus there's the high speed chargers that need installed

Man asses. 😎
put kamala ding dong on the back she blows alot of hot air :D . oh wait that would destroy the ozone layer :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread