Tarp Question

rdunham51

I am seeking help to find a quality 16' x 28' tarp. I bought a "Mighty Products" tarp and 6 months later all the straps and "D" rings came off. UV damage caused this I suppose however I did expect more than six months use for my $250.
I would appreciate any information about a "QUALITY" tarp and where I might find said tarp. I will (for the person providing the best information) hand polish the lug nuts on your rig. The prize must be claimed in Lake City, Colorado no later than midnight January 1, 2022.
(This offer void where prohibited by law.)

Thank you so very much and GOOD LUCK!

Theres those really expensive, but really light ones that look like spandex on a load.

No clue what they're called because my boss was into the heaviest, hernia inducing things in the world and he kept them so long you could navigate at night through them.

So he damn sure never bought those spandex looking ones.

@mndriver recently went through a process buying tarps. He might chime in with some opinions when he makes his way back in here.

Tarp stop Gary Indiana is where I bought my 4’ tarps.

Worry about your padding and protection as much as the quality of tarps.

mndriver,
Thank you for the advice on padding! Could you give me the brand / maker of tarp you use. How long have you used them and any UV damage noted? ie: dust-like coating of all exposed straps and fraying at "D" rings and folds?

These are the actual 4’ tarps I use. I will buy them again.

The 8’ tarps I have I got off Craigslist.

mndriver -
Thanks for the link to you tarp supplier!!! That was exactly the information I needed. Please stop by Lake City, Colorado for your free lug nut polishing.
Thank you again and safe travels -

mndriver -
I don't blame you for avoiding Colorado! This is wild country and if I didn't already live here, I would be afraid to come.Pass from Durango to Silverton Hwy. 550.jpg

It’s not the mountains I’m avoiding. I actually prefer that type of country..

The rates and cargo just suck.

It’s not the mountains I’m avoiding. I actually prefer that type of country..

The rates and cargo just suck.
Yup. It's a flatbed hole in there. The place I started on flatbed had a dedicated customer in Denver and we would dead head back to Nebraska for a load every time.

Same with Florida and Georgia. Crazy all the empty decks you see running northbound.

Yup. It's a flatbed hole in there. The place I started on flatbed had a dedicated customer in Denver and we would dead head back to Nebraska for a load every time.

Same with Florida and Georgia. Crazy all the empty decks you see running northbound.

All locations I don’t go to unless it’s $2.50 in AND out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread