TF UNPLUGGED Talk about having a heart attack... (1 Viewer)

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Threads
Got woke up this morning to the weather alert alarm on the CB going off at about 5:45 am.

It’s NOT dependent on where the cab volume is set.

Holy shit....bout give a guy a heart attack....
64ADE352-B271-4F6A-A2AC-B69F2ECE5E0F.jpeg

GAnthony

Methuselah
Premium
Threads
i have a very old, Radio Shack weather radio

summanabitch does that too, but only went put into stand-by mode

good thing i left it home most times.

Mike

Staff member
Threads
Got woke up this morning to the weather alert alarm on the CB going off at about 5:45 am.

It’s NOT dependent on where the cab volume is set.

Holy shit....bout give a guy a heart attack....
View attachment 70622
This is the radio I have, I got it for FREE with the purchase of my truck. Never heard a noise out of it, which makes me think I probably need new antennas, LOL

BlackBart

Shorebilly
Premium
Threads
This is the radio I have, I got it for FREE with the purchase of my truck. Never heard a noise out of it, which makes me think I probably need new antennas, LOL
Just turn the noise limiter switches off and the RF gain up. If you get noise then your antennas is wurkin

I got the same talker myself. Had it for 15 years. The display dont light up no more but everything else is good

Mike

Staff member
Threads
Just turn the noise limiter switches off and the RF gain up. If you get noise then your antennas is wurkin

I got the same talker myself. Had it for 15 years. The display dont light up no more but everything else is good
I typically find that the volume being all the way down is my problem. It ends up there quite often, and takes me a couple days to figure out to turn it the other way...

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Threads
The duplexer in the century gave me crap reception. I wanted to completely redo the system until the medical issues changed my plans.

The Volvo has a similar system, but seems to function much better than freightliners ever did.

Mike

Staff member
Threads
I had one of the digital colorful cobras (i think it is the LX or LTX). Still have it chunked in the side box in case of nuclear disaster and I need a 2nd radio.

That thing would go bananas any time I was in Tennessee at the Loves on 40 at the 163 exit. Only if I was parked down the hill where the powerline wires were. That radio would go freaking crazy, with everything turned off.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Threads
Signs of bad insulators on the power line then.

had a single spot like that around Alexandria mn.

called and told the electric coop a couple times going through the area.

first time the lady thought I was joking.

second time, “we’ll send a crew right out.”

my 2M ham radio is good for finding bad electrical connections too.

yesterday the neighbor was cutting the grass. Told him his lawnmower needed a tune up as the condenser was going bad.

had him stick his head in the cab to listen to the radio when he asked how I knew.

Duck

Talks to Mice
Premium
Threads
The CB in the truck I had yesterday didn't work.
Squelch all the way down, volume all the way up. Nothing.

There was a guy driving down the road with his spare set of keys sticking out of his passenger door lock. But I couldn't tell him.

Nomad1

Forum
Threads
The CB in the truck I had yesterday didn't work.
Squelch all the way down, volume all the way up. Nothing.

There was a guy driving down the road with his spare set of keys sticking out of his passenger door lock. But I couldn't tell him.
I've been looking for those keys. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread