Trucking News: Sucks to be Canadian.....

They’ll help to “prevent driver fatigue like in the recent Humboldt tragedy”

Wait a minute.

Since when was the ****tard who blew the stop sign fatigued? I don’t remember reading that. I don’t remember his log books being in question or being in violation. I don’t remember him getting any log book HOS charges.

So why is that being brought into an ELD article?

They’ll help to “prevent driver fatigue like in the recent Humboldt tragedy”

Wait a minute.

Since when was the ****tard who blew the stop sign fatigued? I don’t remember reading that. I don’t remember his log books being in question or being in violation. I don’t remember him getting any log book HOS charges.

So why is that being brought into an ELD article?
They'll throw any tragedy at ELD support.

If y'all had more school shootings they'd try to apply those too.

"His daddy was a trucker who was coming home tired and that put stress on the family and made the youth snap...ELD!"

Or

"The 43 year old male shooter was buying stuff that was transported on a truck...ELD!"

Most of us have had the ELD for a couple years now. Any truck travelling to the US has to be equipped with one.
There are a couple differences between the two countries rules. It gets confusing. Here's a couple examples:

Canada ... 13 hour drive day - US ... 11 hour drive day
Canada ... 7/70 - US 8/70
Canada ... 24 hours off in 14 days or you'll be in violation when you are back in Canada
Canada ... sleeper 8/2 - US 10 hours consecutive

There's more but those will give you an idea what our rules are.

Most of us have had the ELD for a couple years now. Any truck travelling to the US has to be equipped with one.
There are a couple differences between the two countries rules. It gets confusing. Here's a couple examples:

Canada ... 13 hour drive day - US ... 11 hour drive day
Canada ... 7/70 - US 8/70
Canada ... 24 hours off in 14 days or you'll be in violation when you are back in Canada
Canada ... sleeper 8/2 - US 10 hours consecutive

There's more but those will give you an idea what our rules are.
It’s WWWAAAYYYY easier just to log Canadian HOS. No pesky 30 minute break, no 10 hour off, no 11 hour drive time, no 70/7 rule.....

I STILL don’t get why everyone gets their panties in a wad over a log violation. Nobody ever says anything about them :dunno:

US rules allow any combination of sleeper and off-duty not driving for a 10 hour break, and 8/2 split sleeper breaks - 8 hours continuously in the sleeper berth.
See I told you it was confusing!! LOL
I can't keep it straight for the life of me. :confused-96:

It’s WWWAAAYYYY easier just to log Canadian HOS. No pesky 30 minute break, no 10 hour off, no 11 hour drive time, no 70/7 rule.....

I STILL don’t get why everyone gets their panties in a wad over a log violation. Nobody ever says anything about them :dunno:
I've done that and thankfully have never been caught. I seem to get an abnormal amount of inspections and they check it. So I try to be careful. I've been in violation a few times lately in Canada looking for parking. :headscratch2:

I've done that and thankfully have never been caught. I seem to get an abnormal amount of inspections and they check it. So I try to be careful. I've been in violation a few times lately in Canada looking for parking. :headscratch2:
My last USA inspection was sometime in 2017. Don’t jinx me but the USA Man hasn’t looked at my log book since 2016.

Good granny you gotta work pretty hard to violate Canadian HOS. I always used to get in crap for using a deferral to make it an 18 hour day

The Canadian Man can suck start a shotgun. I’m coming up to a year since I last had to deal with one of them guys

Do you cross scales on purpose or are they all roadside surprises?

Do you cross scales on purpose or are they all roadside surprises?
Some people are really lucky and don't get inspected very often. I'm not one of them. I don't understand why, though.
It's usually Level 1 or 3. I've been pulled into weigh stations with everyone else and as I'm passing the window, on comes the light. I've had an inspection vehicle come up beside me and wave me in. HAZMAT inspections too.
Some are training new people, some are old guys that are bored, some Police Officers. One that was nice enough to notice I missed my turn and corrected me after a Level 3. Another one was standing on the side of the road in North Dakota and pulled me over.
Both countries, all borders, weigh stations, side of the road, etc. I'm driving new equipment and thankfully haven't had any violations yet. A close call once but I corrected it and he was good with that. :whistling:

Some people are really lucky and don't get inspected very often.

Another one was standing on the side of the road in North Dakota
I work very hard at avoiding the Man. Perhaps a bit of luck but mostly determination

North Dakota?! Didn’t you say in another thread Saskatchewan was angry and checking trucks?

I didn’t even think North Dakota or Saskatchewan HAD enforcement officials!! That’s just bad luck or bad timing

I work very hard at avoiding the Man. Perhaps a bit of luck but mostly determination

North Dakota?! Didn’t you say in another thread Saskatchewan was angry and checking trucks?

I didn’t even think North Dakota or Saskatchewan HAD enforcement officials!! That’s just bad luck or bad timing
They do. He was standing on the side of the road and pulled me over. He did a Level 3 because it was late in the day and he didn't have time to do a Level 1. That's what he said.

I've had a couple of level 2s in ND and I've been across a couple open SK scales because I was wide and had to.

I've always had level 2s no 3s or God forbid a level 1 knock on wood

never had a level 1 but 1 level 2 nd a ton of level 3`s
a week or so ago,I unplugged my eld and started back using paper logs and running exempt
they gotta catch me and it will be very hard to do since I am only part time and go the back roads mostly

never had a level 1 but 1 level 2 nd a ton of level 3`s
a week or so ago,I unplugged my eld and started back using paper logs and running exempt
they gotta catch me and it will be very hard to do since I am only part time and go the back roads mostly
Attaboy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread