Stay Safe Out There

50dollarlane

Hi - my name is Alice Errett, and I've recently started a website called 50DollarLane.com. I am a professional recruiter of about 20 years, but recently started working more with truckers and logistics, transportation, and truck driving positions.

I am hopeful to expand my understanding of what is important to truckers in general and specifically when they look for new jobs. The turn over rate among truck drivers is so high - I really would like to help drivers find positions that are better long-term matches.

Thanks for allowing me to join. I look forward to learning lots.

Hi - my name is Alice Errett, and I've recently started a website called 50DollarLane.com. I am a professional recruiter of about 20 years, but recently started working more with truckers and logistics, transportation, and truck driving positions.

I am hopeful to expand my understanding of what is important to truckers in general and specifically when they look for new jobs. The turn over rate among truck drivers is so high - I really would like to help drivers find positions that are better long-term matches.

Thanks for allowing me to join. I look forward to learning lots.

Doesn't matter what will work. Companies are going to lie anyway.
Drivers want :
Companies say we have and you'll get:
This is the way it's been for the 29yrs I've been out here. I can honestly say the vast majority of companies operate in this manner.
I've had 18 different truck jobs , been around the block a few times. In this time I've only been at one company that was as it was said it would be when I signed up.
Unfortunately that company was sold off.
The problem that your going to have is , whoever you recruit for is going to feed you a massive line of BS about their company and you won't know it is.
Until.........

The drivers you send there want to hunt you down.

Are there still good driving jobs out there? Sure but they're very few.
It's really shameful how companies prefer to pee on your leg and tell you it's raining rather than just be honest with you.

Doesn't matter what will work. Companies are going to lie anyway.
Drivers want :
Companies say we have and you'll get:
This is the way it's been for the 29yrs I've been out here. I can honestly say the vast majority of companies operate in this manner.
I've had 18 different truck jobs , been around the block a few times. In this time I've only been at one company that was as it was said it would be when I signed up.
Unfortunately that company was sold off.
The problem that your going to have is , whoever you recruit for is going to feed you a massive line of BS about their company and you won't know it is.
Until.........

The drivers you send there want to hunt you down.

Are there still good driving jobs out there? Sure but they're very few.
It's really shameful how companies prefer to pee on your leg and tell you it's raining rather than just be honest with you.
I’m honestly surprised when I’m NOT lied to

Trucking is the most dishonest industry I’ve been in

I’m honestly surprised when I’m NOT lied to

Trucking is the most dishonest industry I’ve been in

What's even more surprising is how they just don't get that a driver ( most ) will go the extra mile without even being asked if they're delt with in an honest manner.
I've literally only worked with less than a handful of office staff that understand this.

What's even more surprising is how they just don't get that a driver ( most ) will go the extra mile without even being asked if they're delt with in an honest manner.
I've literally only worked with less than a handful of office staff that understand this.
Yup. Place I’m at now it’s a war to see who can care less, the office or the drivers

So far the office is winning but then they baffled why they can’t get drivers

:coocoo:

Worse yet is that there are a lot of them that used to drive. It's like a lobotomy was a prerequisite to going into the office.

Worse yet is that there are a lot of them that used to drive. It's like a lobotomy was a prerequisite to going into the office.
Some of the worst dispatchers you will ever have are former drivers (in my experience). "Wadda ya mean ya can't do Toronto to Orlando in a day? I used to do it in 5 hours ":rolleyes-80:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread