Starting the search for a dry van trailer - Buy or Lease?

It's kind of hit and miss based more on site.

Cargill I have been to have treated me great.

Americold, McLane, Sysco are really bad on detention.
US Foods will hose you on detention every time it seems. Example here awhile back was in OKC at USF for 0530 appt, guard shack doesn't open til 0530, so no matter what you do by time you get around parked and into shipping office you're late so no detention. Had me very aggravated to the point of going postal lol.

US Foods will hose you on detention every time it seems. Example here awhile back was in OKC at USF for 0530 appt, guard shack doesn't open til 0530, so no matter what you do by time you get around parked and into shipping office you're late so no detention. Had me very aggravated to the point of going postal lol.
PFG Elkton MD does something similar. They'll schedule like 20 trucks for 0600 appointments. Won't even open the gate until exactly 0600. Or whatever the time is.

Trucks clog the street, the truck stop, etc. It's a stupid mess.

Reminds me of Wakefern. Wakefern at least has a parking lot.

Schneider doesn't let them get away with not paying us though.

PFG Elkton MD does something similar. They'll schedule like 20 trucks for 0600 appointments. Won't even open the gate until exactly 0600. Or whatever the time is.

Trucks clog the street, the truck stop, etc. It's a stupid mess.

Reminds me of Wakefern. Wakefern at least has a parking lot.

Schneider doesn't let them get away with not paying us though.
That's the old chaos rodeo way of running a DC... its giving way to scheduled appointments.

Prime is real anal about demanding detention. It really has to be in the broker contract otherwise.

That's the old chaos rodeo way of running a DC... its giving way to scheduled appointments.

Prime is real anal about demanding detention. It really has to be in the broker contract otherwise.
Indeed.

Schneider is the same. The guard's first words were "Don't worry this is how it always is. We won't count you as late."

My mouth said "Oh okay thanks."

My brain said "Damn right you won't."

[emoji15] [emoji1]

During that 2008-20XX recession, they opted to hold onto trailers longer. They also no longer sell themselves, they are leasing instead of purchasing.

Most companies ended up going this rote. The trailers Schneider is selling off are 12+ years old, and they aren't selling all of those.

Most companies ended up going this rote. The trailers Schneider is selling off are 12+ years old, and they aren't selling all of those.
Yah some of our cans are 10+ years old now.

9da71d8b28265addb209f00648b55d33.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread