• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

SRT - Even Worse Than Mercer

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Family Outraged Over Company's Response to Trucker's Death

COLUMBIA - A Higbee family said it is outraged over the press release issued in response to the story over deceased trucker Raymond White.

White died of a heart attack on July 14 in New Mexico while driving his truck for Southern Refrigerated Transport.

The family said Monday they received no help from the company when they reported White missing, and that the national group The Missing Trucker's Charity Alert Network led the charge in helping New Mexico State Troopers find White's body.

After White's body was found at a rest stop, the family said SRT refused to transport his remains or his personal belongings without a cash payment on delivery, with a price tag the family couldn't afford.

The family had to reach out to Trucker's Charity Inc., who networked via social media and its community of truckers to send White's cremated remains back to his family.

Three trucks, 2,730 miles and 15 days later, Raymond finished his last ride home. He had been a truck driver for 20 years.

Continued: http://www.komu.com/news/update-family-outraged-over-company-s-response-to-trucker-s-death/

Another article: http://www.komu.com/news/family-says-company-did-nothing-to-bring-deceased-trucker-home/

Last edited by a moderator:
They put dead bodies on airplanes everyday. Ya box 'em up, Stick them on a plane and they are home later the same day. We called them stiffs. Not sure what it costs.
And where do you put them in a reefer?
Nope! They just go in the hold with all the baggage. The head must always be pointed toward the nose of the plane to keep any fluids from coming out of the mouth and nose. The Box is marked head and has an arrow.Then when unloading you take them to the cargo shed. They may go into a refrigerator there waiting on the funeral home to come and pick them up.
I was talking about transporting remains in a big truck, specifically a reefer, because SRT is a reefer company.
So then, Why did you quote my post that clearly says They put dead bodies on airplanes everyday? That makes no sense.
I did say "reefer," perhaps the meaning got lost in the translation? I mean we were talking about Southern Refrigerated Transport (SRT) a reefer company on a trucking forum. I will strive to speak more clearly from now on and not assume.
Here is all the posts. Still makes no sense on why you would quote a post about dead bodies loaded on planes and then turn around and say you where talking about reefer trailers. Nothing was lost in translation. Nice attempt.

If you go back a few more post, you will see that I am inquiring about transporting them by truck. You chimed in with the airplane comments. I don't know if you were responding, directly, to my comments, but since I was the one questioning transporting remain in a truck, I assume so. So, while I remained on topic, you deviated and I brought it back to topic. Transportation of remains by SRT, a reefer company. Clearly, I'm not making it up. But, it isn't worth fighting over, so I'm not even going to read this thread anymore.

Why is it the carriers responsibility to transport personal belongings or remains? You want them to throw the body in the reefer? I'm sure the transport of remains requires all kinds of paperwork.
You were in the Armed Services were you not?
If you went overseas and were killed who would be responsible to get your remains back? The government for witch you work for or your family?
Just a thought.

If you went overseas and were killed who would be responsible to get your remains back? The government for witch you work for or your family?
Just a thought.
Your government property, nit an employee

Just a thought.

My government isn't a witch, I'm not sure what you are talking about. There are many evil politicians in office, but to the best of my knowledge they are not witches, just evil, evil men and women kneeling at the alter of progressivism in all its forms.

My government isn't a witch, I'm not sure what you are talking about. There are many evil politicians in office, but to the best of my knowledge they are not witches, just evil, evil men and women kneeling at the alter of progressivism in all its forms.
People who do not have valid points to make in a discussion often resort to attacks on grammar and spelling. Therefore, I must surmise you have no valid rebuttal comment.

@Tim is right. There is no reason trucking companies can't at least offer assistance to families when a driver passes away while doing the one thing that pays that company's bills. Even if it's not legally required, it is morally, the right thing to do.

People who do not have valid points to make in a discussion often resort to attacks on grammar and spelling. Therefore, I must surmise you have no valid rebuttal comment.

@Tim is right. There is no reason trucking companies can't at least offer assistance to families when a driver passes away while doing the one thing that pays that company's bills. Even if it's not legally required, it is morally, the right thing to do.

You know, it was a play on words, not calling him out on his grammar. An attempt at humor, witch you may have none. As I said before, I don't really give a rat's ass what any of you think, nor should you care what I think. The only opinion I hold dear is my own.

There are many reasons trucking companies won't pay to transport dead bodies. The cost, the inconvenience, the down time and a host of other reasons. I thought only liberals expected someone else to take care of their problems, I guess I am wrong.

My best advise, is not to work for me.

I sure wish that full moon would go away!

The difference between Liberals and Conservatives is Liberals pass laws and use the strong arm of government to get a free handout, while Conservatives would like people to do the right thing just because it's the right thing to do.

I tend to side with @terrylamar on this.

It would be a great gesture for a company to assist in the transport, but I wouldn't hold it against them if they didn't.

I think this comes down to personal responsibility in most cases, and this is where family and friends should come together, rather than expect someone else to step up in their behalf.

If I owned a company, I would try to help the family out, but I think that simply comes down to personal business ethics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread