Sorry, no access to OUR lovely bathroom.

For the guys working out of the terminal the shop is were everyone gathers in the morning to bullshit while their truck warms up in the winter.

For us that work at the plant, the best way to get the truck warmed up is to actually start driving it. :D
I'm told the best way is fire the reefer turn on the bunk heater plug in the yellow cord to top up the batteries and go the **** home.

You and I work at very different places. 😎

For the guys working out of the terminal the shop is were everyone gathers in the morning to bullshit while their truck warms up in the winter.

For us that work at the plant, the best way to get the truck warmed up is to actually start driving it. :D

I'm told the best way is fire the reefer turn on the bunk heater plug in the yellow cord to top up the batteries and go the **** home.

You and I work at very different places. 😎
Is that what you do in the morning? Pretty sweet gig you got there!:thumbsup:

Oh I'm sure those shop guys "Party"..

Heck around Fridays they used to sit out smoking area talk about which bars and "Female Derogatory Terms" they.. ya know

Since COVID19 seems We the "DRIVER" are Solely to BLAME for the Mini-outbreak at the Yard..

We "Drivers" are held to Full Account and Completely "SHUNNED"..

Yet is we DRIVERS who make 80/90 percent of their REVENUE or $$$$

Since COVID19 seems We the "DRIVER" are Solely to BLAME for the Mini-outbreak at the Yard..

We "Drivers" are held to Full Account and Completely "SHUNNED"..
The new policy at the shop is everyone mask up an no congregating.

Hey @Uncle Birchy remember those 2 days back in March when truckers were essential and heros for delivering the goods?

Yeah nobody remembers that :rolllaugh2:

The new policy at the shop is everyone mask up an no congregating.

Hey @Uncle Birchy remember those 2 days back in March when truckers were essential and heros for delivering the goods?

Yeah nobody remembers that :rolllaugh2:
I remember back at Woodhaven during the nice weather months every 3rd or 4 Friday each month they'd set up the big barrel grill buy abuncha food ..

Over the Qualcomm they'd message We "APPRECIATE" Our Drivers ..

If ya by the yard or in the area stop by for Free Lunch..

When ya stopped the Manager would be out there shaking hands even "asking" us what could we do BETTER..

Never got "Better" but for eh an Hour or so every month ya almost felt like they gave a Rats Behind about ya

If nothing else a FREE LUNCH too

I remember back at Woodhaven during the nice weather months every 3rd or 4 Friday each month they'd set up the big barrel grill buy abuncha food ..

When ya stopped the Manager would be out there shaking hands even "asking" us what could we do BETTER..

Never got "Better" but for eh an Hour or so every month ya almost felt like they gave a Rats Behind about ya

Last place I worked would pull that. Difference was their main yard was about 2 hours away from us on the wrong side of nightmare traffic. To boot they would wanna do it Friday at 4 pm when you're on hour 13 or 14 of 16 on a ticking elog.

Drivers and office alike that yard was full of rats snakes weasels and scumbags most of whom hated us. Couldn't imagine WHY we wouldn't show up at their little shindigs.

Last place I worked would pull that. Difference was their main yard was about 2 hours away from us on the wrong side of nightmare traffic. To boot they would wanna do it Friday at 4 pm when you're on hour 13 or 14 of 16 on a ticking elog.

Drivers and office alike that yard was full of rats snakes weasels and scumbags most of whom hated us. Couldn't imagine WHY we wouldn't show up at their little shindigs.
Eh Woodhaven was if ya around stop by..

Usually crossdocked there Alot anyways so I'd usually be there for the BBQ

Eh Woodhaven was if ya around stop by..

Usually crossdocked there Alot anyways so I'd usually be there for the BBQ
Most of us made a point of avoiding that place on a normal day much less when they wanted to cut into our beer drinking time.

Even the shop would ruin your day. Take it to one of their vendors close to our yard if you could help it because they make a career of everything. Six hours to replace two boards on a dump truck because Rain Man can't read a tape measure. Four for a brake can..... it's a bit excessive. Just sayin.

Meanwhile office schmucks wondering why you're stuck there thumb planted in anus being paid hourly and the good idea fairy is raising hell in that dispatch office. Jesus get me out of this.

Rumor mill says they've had incidents with drivers starting up the trucks and trying to back them out of the shop while mechanics were under them.

Half of the drivers come in dressed like this too. Not exactly a fine representation of humanity.

View attachment 71606

Ordinarily I ignore those types but I had to get this guy's picture and send it to Sinister to join in the mocking of the guy because this particular guy was in there in his pajamas, and complaining to other drivers that the head of operations talks disrespectfully to him.
This dude was at Kenworth when I was there one day, yes his fingernails are painted 59F64AFD-72AA-412C-82C1-05843EE069B7.jpeg

Most of us made a point of avoiding that place on a normal day much less when they wanted to cut into our beer drinking time.

Even the shop would ruin your day. Take it to one of their vendors close to our yard if you could help it because they make a career of everything. Six hours to replace two boards on a dump truck because Rain Man can't read a tape measure. Four for a brake can..... it's a bit excessive. Just sayin.
I'm all in for a FREE LUNCH...

And when everybody else is done I load up a plate or two for later ..

Free eats for another day..

That my friends is how ya "$ave" Money in the BANK..

Despite being a former EX-CON and overall LOSER..

I got alnost 42 grand in the bank and I don't live my life "Perpetually" in DEBT like most people..

It ain't enough to just "RETIRE" but I'm like the "Twenty Percent" ..

Just Older and Wiser too..

Twenty years ago Idve pissed every last dime away making the Same in a 1990s dollar with Higher $pending Power

I'm all in for a FREE LUNCH...

And when everybody else is done I load up a plate or two for later ..

Free eats for another day..

That my friends is how ya "$ave" Money in the BANK..

Despite being a former EX-CON and overall LOSER..

I got alnost 42 grand in the bank and I don't live my life "Perpetually" in DEBT like most people..

It ain't enough to just "RETIRE" but I'm like the "Twenty Percent" ..

Just Older and Wiser too..

Twenty years ago Idve pissed every last dime away making the Same in a 1990s dollar with Higher $pending Power
I think a lot of people were pretty reckless with money in their 20s

At Pumpkin we parked right behind our trucks since they set it up in a perimeter arrangement. So I'd fire up my truck then get back in my car.

Now I look forward to firing my truck up on the slab and going back in my house.

Wait when did you work for Schneider?

They do that here too. I would usually grab a burger and say "prisoners eat the food given to them too." Then go home with a handful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread