Truckers Health Sore back and neck

vaportrail

Anybody have any advice,this daycab and 6-700 mile days are starting to get to me. Lower back,hips and up to my upper neck at the end of the day is toast. I go to the chiro ever 6-8 weeks and it seems to help for a few weeks then slowly starts getting more and more tight until its unbearable and i have to go again. Use the heat and cooled seat all day to try to relieve pain. I usually run straight through 4.5 to 5.5 hours each way. I dont know if maybe its just time to change jobs to get out of the seat more. Stretching temporarily relieves the pain but within a half hour its right back if not worse.

Anybody have any advice,this
Ohh.

Thats a terrible nag that I know somewhat of what your facing

So tell me, how many times have you really tweaked your back.

What I mean by that is can you pinpoint a time where you know you injured your back through over exertion wether years ago or months.

You need a better seat.

You've been seeing a chiropractor, so talk to him about this. If he agrees, get a letter, and give a copy to your boss and HR. IIRC the ADA law requires businesses to make reasonable accommodations for employees. Like a seat that doesn't kill you. Might be time for new shocks too.

Or, you could get a different job with better equipment.

Ohh.

Thats a terrible nag that I know somewhat of what your facing

So tell me, how many times have you really tweaked your back.

What I mean by that is can you pinpoint a time where you know you injured your back through over exertion wether years ago or months.
Not really any point in time i was a farm kid rolled many a 3 wheeler,pitched many a haybale by the age of 10, but everyone at that age doesn't really feel anything,other then the random take ya to a knee muscle spasm now and again. Ive been trying to change my diet and drink only water to see if that helps. All i know is when i get home and have my wife gently push on my back i cringe, its that good/bad ache

You need a better seat.

You've been seeing a chiropractor, so talk to him about this. If he agrees, get a letter, and give a copy to your boss and HR. IIRC the ADA law requires businesses to make reasonable accommodations for employees. Like a seat that doesn't kill you. Might be time for new shocks too.

Or, you could get a different job with better equipment.
I have noticed that the newer trucks do have a more supportive feel, that i sometimes preload on the weekend but not enough seat time to find out. Im talking a .5 hour drive to the refinery. Current seat has 558k on it, standard freightliner cloth with heat, cool, and lumbar. My chiropractors dad was a truck driver for decades, so he knows what im going through. I wouldnt even mind paying the extra for an aftermarket seat if need be. I just know its time for something, im only 31 but at the point of just always feeling warn out. It usually takes till sunday to start to feel better then its back to it.this week i was starting to feel it yesterday, today it wasnt an hour back from green bay, and wanted to get out but knew it was temporary solution

All i know is when i get home and have my wife gently push on my back i cringe, its that good/bad ache
Ahh been there done that.

So I tweaked my back pretty good twice several years ago. The 1st tweak a few weeks or so I was all good.
The 2nd tweak (lifting with back, not legs) the nagging pain stayed with me for a few months cause I kept working and would just reaggravate it.

I talked with my dad who is a health nut, he told me that he had a very bad tweak working for the city as a garbage collector. He said he just worked through it and with constant movement and a good diet he said the pain eventually went away.

So I followed his advice, cleaned up my diet, learned what foods are anti-inflammatory vs flammatory and
the pain did eventually go away.

Your right, you can start with your diet that really helps. Water is good but try anti-inflammatory juices (100% juice) like cranberry cherry and pineapple. All are great and have helped me.

Every once in a while if I sleep a certain way I can feel the slightest discomfort that is very negligible.

I have about 380k on my volvo seat good support; sometimes I aggravate my back by using it too much when pulling freight on-off the trailer. Use arms and legs to pull not back. Same with lifting

Also you want to work those muscles regularly that are near the sore muscles to strengthen and give better support which will help the sore muscles heal faster.

Talk with your Chiro or regular doc for an approved regimen and diet. gl

Anybody have any advice,this daycab and 6-700 mile days are starting to get to me. Lower back,hips and up to my upper neck at the end of the day is toast. I go to the chiro ever 6-8 weeks and it seems to help for a few weeks then slowly starts getting more and more tight until its unbearable and i have to go again. Use the heat and cooled seat all day to try to relieve pain. I usually run straight through 4.5 to 5.5 hours each way. I dont know if maybe its just time to change jobs to get out of the seat more. Stretching temporarily relieves the pain but within a half hour its right back if not worse.
i feel your pain. for a few years, i ran from MA to Richmond, VA, mostly I-95 from up here, till just over the Delaware Memorial bridge

then the return trip

day cab. twin screw, all spring suspension.

i feel your pain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread