Something european.... and flat...

We have two types of tachograph, older ones are analog and newer ones are digital. if it is analog then you have a card that you put in and it records your driving and parking hours. Fines for crossing those hours are very high and police can take those cards and check it .... about 2000 dollars.Analog tachograph is easy to trick with a magnet but if EU police finds that you are using magnet, you are in jail.
ammc.bolha.com_1_image_64049_64067__tahograf_4d5e9043384db.jpg
awww.amkmagnet.rs_images_tahograf_prikaz.jpg
ANALOG TACHOGRAPH

Digital tachograph uses personalised driver electronic card and does everything same like analog one but can't be tricked unless you are using a card of other driver once you spent all daily driving hours on yours. But if police catches you with false card...... jail time again. In Bosnia you can bribe police officers, but in EU it's impossible.

awww.dtco.co.uk_generator_www_uk_en_vdo_dtco_old_system_dtco_1898f307955d81ce362938cd26b184d97.jpg

Attachments

• ammc.bolha.com_1_image_64049_64067__tahograf_4d5e9043384db.jpg
    ammc.bolha.com_1_image_64049_64067__tahograf_4d5e9043384db.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 506
  • awww.amkmagnet.rs_images_tahograf_prikaz.jpg
    awww.amkmagnet.rs_images_tahograf_prikaz.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,466
  • awww.dtco.co.uk_generator_www_uk_en_vdo_dtco_old_system_dtco_1898f307955d81ce362938cd26b184d97.jpg
    awww.dtco.co.uk_generator_www_uk_en_vdo_dtco_old_system_dtco_1898f307955d81ce362938cd26b184d97.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 487
Well were watched all the time with the tachograph, There are 2 types.

The older type is a paper wax covered disc that fits into the tachograph head.
This head has needles that mark the disc with speed distance and what your doing ie driving loading rest or break, this is recorded by the moving of a switch.

The 2nd type is a digital tachograph ( tacho ) this is a plastic card ( credit / atm) size .
This has a chip on one side and when placed into the head it records a digital signal and information much the same as the paper disc.

Im glad that i waked up interest in someone of you.... Truck here are shorter because of several reasons. By law, truck + trailer should not be longer than 16.50 meters so manufacturers are doing everything to keep that in order. Another reason is a lack of space and more narrow roads. Usualy we go loading to the places you can only imagine in nightmares. Narrow street roads with sharp turns in midlle of traffic jams etc.... that's a pain in a but believe me. Long nose would stuck there definetely. I saw DAF and Kenworth have a totaly same truck.... but didn't know that it's a DAF in USA style hehe :D Something like a Freightliner Sprinter that is actualy USA version of Mercedes Sprinter.

I didn't had any time to take a photos of MAN as i said, but here are more photos of Volvo FH year 2014. 750 HP beast that is a bit ugly from outside... This one is doing 8.2 mpg at 55 miles per hour at highway. What is standard fuel consuption on USA trucks ? Our DAF goes 8 mpg regulary with 24 tons on trailer

View attachment 26633 View attachment 26634 View attachment 26635
What kind of torque is that volvo making? And what transmission/diff you guys use one the that side of the pond?

When i was younger i loved cabover...but then i drove a 379 :drool:

I didn't had any time to take a photos of MAN as i said, but here are more photos of Volvo FH year 2014. 750 HP beast that is a bit ugly from outside... This one is doing 8.2 mpg at 55 miles per hour at highway. What is standard fuel consuption on USA trucks ? Our DAF goes 8 mpg regulary with 24 tons on trailer
We get about the same at those speeds. But our speed limits are higher in most states. You can go 80 mph (127 km/h) in some areas.

On average, we run about 65 mph (105 km/h) and get about 7 MPG.

7 miles per US gallon, ... let's see. How do I convert that to metric?

7 miles = 11.265408 kilometers.
1 US gallon = 3.785411784 liters
At 105 km/h.

It produces 3200 Nm of torgue, transmission is automated dual-clutch gearbox. It's a beast until it stops..... you have to be NASA engineer and computer freak to get it back on road once it stops....

@Duck , here you can make 90 km/h max. , somewhere 95. But our trucks are not intended for anything faster.... aerodynamics, stability and other factors are better on long noses. btw, 7 mpg at those speeds isn't much.... i though they make at least 6 mpg

That's Volvo from picures, it's 750 horse powers.... Our mercedes trucks are in range of 460 - 550 horse power... they produce much less. In foot pounds, they do from 1500 - 2300

The Volvo engines we have here are only good for a boat anchor. They are scrap iron and not much else.

Here are the best together with Mercedes . Two strongest and most reliable engines on european market

We have two types of tachograph, older ones are analog and newer ones are digital. if it is analog then you have a card that you put in and it records your driving and parking hours. Fines for crossing those hours are very high and police can take those cards and check it .... about 2000 dollars.Analog tachograph is easy to trick with a magnet but if EU police finds that you are using magnet, you are in jail.
View attachment 26672
View attachment 26674
ANALOG TACHOGRAPH

Digital tachograph uses personalised driver electronic card and does everything same like analog one but can't be tricked unless you are using a card of other driver once you spent all daily driving hours on yours. But if police catches you with false card...... jail time again. In Bosnia you can bribe police officers, but in EU it's impossible.

View attachment 26675
I worked for a company over here in North America that used the Tachographs. The disks where made in Germany or Italy, I cant remember. They used the reading for their own information on how you where driving their truck. Law enforcement never looked at them But, I imagine they would or the lawyers would a fatality occurred.

Volvo is pretty well regarded here too, Mainfreight has the 750 volvo in their fleet here, running iShift automatics.

We get about the same at those speeds. But our speed limits are higher in most states. You can go 80 mph (127 km/h) in some areas.

At 105 km/h.
I'm getting 10.4 to 11 mpg with a 420 DAF CF

How did you manage that ??? 11 mpg makes about 21 l/100 km ??? Truck company near us drives DAF CFs only but their regular consuption is 28 - 30 liters at 33 tons total (less than 20 tons loaded on trailer). What engine is that ??? What terrain ???

light on the toes automatic flip into man when up to speed 88kph (54mph)on with the CC and that's it. on the hills keeping the rev around 1600 man change down keeping revs around max 1800 then as soon as at the top back to 12th and that's it don't touch the peddle. going down hill exhaust break and foot then back on CC. when I ran the big DAF still only a 420 I was pullin 44t running Bristol to Glasgow and back getting 9.7 to 10.4 mpg.

At 105 km/h.
If you change the setting on your Peterbilt to Metric it will show your fuel in metric. For some reason they use per 100km so your reading will show something like 31 liters per 100 Km thats roughly 7.5 miles to the gallon. I am not sure why they cant show liters per kilometer but with round numbers like per 100km it is easy to figure out.

I leave mine set to U.S. standard. I like to know my miles per gallon I am getting.

If you change the setting on your Peterbilt to Metric it will show your fuel in metric. For some reason they use per 100km so your reading will show something like 31 liters per 100 Km thats roughly 7.5 miles to the gallon. I am not sure why they cant show liters per kilometer but with round numbers like per 100km it is easy to figure out.

I leave mine set to U.S. standard. I like to know my miles per gallon I am getting.

31 Liters per 100 km = .31 l/km.

All you have to do is move the decimal one spot left for each zero.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread