Slide those Tandems Back

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
No please don't ...

For starters only ever encountered afew places in my entire career that actually came out and "looked"..

Secondly most places have bumper locks that trailer ain't going nowheres

Last but not least Most guys slam em so hard n they messed up...

Next guy picks up that trailer gonna have a job losing em up if they ain't completely "F-worded"..

Only slide them tandems back if they come out and look..

As I said previously I can count on 1 hand how many ever actually came out to make sure..

If ya do need 2 slide BE GENTILE don't just slam it..

Remember someone else after ya gonna hook up and gotta weigh it out

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Supporter
Worth note of mentioned..

Certainteed in Chowchilla California when ya drop an empty ya gotta slide em or a $50 fine and Company takes outta your paycheck..

That's one of those few places...

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I am not sure what the deal is on sliding the tandems. In the U.S. most customers want the tandems slid. In Canada most places don't care unless the pallets are super heavy or they are a ****ing union shop!

AllabouttheBS

DRIVES ME NUTS
Premium
there should be a disclaimer on all these posts that this is not the accepted way to conduct yourself as a professional driver. in case new drivers show up

Mike

Staff member
No please don't ...

For starters only ever encountered afew places in my entire career that actually came out and "looked"..

Secondly most places have bumper locks that trailer ain't going nowheres

Last but not least Most guys slam em so hard n they messed up...

Next guy picks up that trailer gonna have a job losing em up if they ain't completely "F-worded"..

Only slide them tandems back if they come out and look..

As I said previously I can count on 1 hand how many ever actually came out to make sure..

If ya do need 2 slide BE GENTILE don't just slam it..

Remember someone else after ya gonna hook up and gotta weigh it out

Gotta 100% disagree with you here.

I’m gonna slide my tandems back whether asked to or not because it’s better on my trailer.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Okay sliding tandems.
Personally I like to get the trailer lined up to the dock before sliding the tandems But, I see other guys that like to make life hard for themselves and slide them before they try to hook the trailer into the dock.

Life is hard! Don't make it harder than it needs to be.

Electric Chicken

Premium
Okay sliding tandems.
Personally I like to get the trailer lined up to the dock before sliding the tandems But, I see other guys that like to make life hard for themselves and slide them before they try to hook the trailer into the dock.

Life is hard! Don't make it harder than it needs to be.
We got some places here that won't let you through the gate until you slide them. P&G is no big deal because they built their site with it in mind. There's tons of space.

Mondelez formerly Nabisco is tight AF even with a day cab. Fortunately I was able to build a rapport with the night people to choose my spot when I'm in and slide after I'm parked. Day shift comes in and it's hit or miss.

AllabouttheBS

DRIVES ME NUTS
Premium
I like to have my tandems forward in right spaces trailer swing to me is over rated if you look at your wheels because that is the pivot point. All that geomet.lB
Algebra comes in useful everyday in your real life. Too many people try and back in too high in the lot and they 2 block themselves with the tractor. I get as close as I can to trucks already in the dock works better for me.. There is a good reason to slide tandems back it is hard on the trailer suspension bouncing the forklift on the floor of the trailer. It is particularly hard on trailers with airbags.

Electric Chicken

Premium
I like to have my tandems forward in right spaces trailer swing to me is over rated if you look at your wheels because that is the pivot point. All that geomet.lB
Algebra comes in useful everyday in your real life. Too many people try and back in too high in the lot and they 2 block themselves with the tractor. I get as close as I can to trucks already in the dock works better for me.. There is a good reason to slide tandems back it is hard on the trailer suspension bouncing the forklift on the floor of the trailer. It is particularly hard on trailers with airbags.
If I have to choose between all the way forward and all the way back, I'd rather they be all the way back. Either way I'm the same length but with them all the way back I don't have to even think about my blindside. All I gotta do is mind my front end. Because if I'm good on my side I'm good on the other side. Unless the hole ain't big enough.

Middle is best though. 😃

AllabouttheBS

DRIVES ME NUTS
Premium
If I have to choose between all the way forward and all the way back, I'd rather they be all the way back. Either way I'm the same length but with them all the way back I don't have to even think about my blindside. All I gotta do is mind my front end. Because if I'm good on my side I'm good on the other side. Unless the hole ain't big enough.

Middle is best though. 😃
that is what she said

quillcom

Same here:

But they sure will use the dock door windows or even their cc cams etc to check on ya.

If it was up to the FL drivers all tandems would be fixed all-the-way back.

No- shoes
No- shirt
No- mask
No- back slid tandems

No Service!

BlackBart

Shorebilly
Premium
I dont.... and aint never been asked

We got some idiots that got no problem runnin around with the damn trailer axles slide clear up to the landin gear if they could do it, then they wonder why the back of the trailer winds up gettin tore a new ass :rolleyes-80:

They the ones need their chops busted over that, not to mention learnin how to drive

Electric Chicken

Premium
I dont.... and aint never been asked

We got some idiots that got no problem runnin around with the damn trailer axles slide clear up to the landin gear if they could do it, then they wonder why the back of the trailer winds up gettin tore a new ass :rolleyes-80:

They the ones need their chops busted over that, not to mention learnin how to drive
That's usually the California position. If that's where they're headed or it's loaded for that then they gotta run it.

Can't say I like having that much tail myself but if it's where it scales, I gotta deal with it.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Same here:

But they sure will use the dock door windows or even their cc cams etc to check on ya.

If it was up to the FL drivers all tandems would be fixed all-the-way back.

No- shoes
No- shirt
No- mask
No- back slid tandems

No Service!
1596751729749.png