Truckers Health Sleep Apnea Test - I think I am going to do it

CPAP came in this week, got by the house today and picked it up. All set up and ready to go now, so this will be my first night with it.
It will take some getting used to but it does help me.

It will take some getting used to but it does help me.
Skip at NASTC went over the machine with me this evening. Felt weird having it on, but not horrible.

He said that some people go right to sleep with it and have no issues, some have to wear it a little at a time to get used to it.

Going into it with an open mind, actually doing this voluntarily, so hopefully I adjust quickly to wearing it. And hopefully, I start getting some sleep, lol.

Skip at NASTC went over the machine with me this evening. Felt weird having it on, but not horrible.

He said that some people go right to sleep with it and have no issues, some have to wear it a little at a time to get used to it.

Going into it with an open mind, actually doing this voluntarily, so hopefully I adjust quickly to wearing it. And hopefully, I start getting some sleep, lol.
Just give it time and it should help.

Well, I'm not one of those people that was able to put on the mask, fall asleep, and wake up feeling like a new person.

I'm also not the person that has found it to be a nightmare either.

Getting used to it, so the mask is waking me up at night. That, and I haven't learned to sleep still enough to not break the seal yet.

That said, I'm getting there. the last couple of nights, though, about the time I get the mask on, get a little drowsy, my freaking nose starts itching. Instinctively, I reach to scratch only to have my finger stopped by a big hunk of plastic. Take off the mask, the itch is gone. Put it back on, stupid itch comes back.

Sleep is already improved, though. According to my apple watch, I've had two nights already where I have either got very close to, or surpassed 5 hours of deep sleep. In the past, that was typically just over 3 hours and no more than 15 minutes or so at a time.

Already more energetic and alert, no longer walking around like a zombie and not paying attention to whoever is trying to talk to me.

Bags under my eyes are disappearing, also. I remember this happening when I got a prescription for Ambien, but that prescription also included waking up in the drivers seat of the truck, followed by immediately throwing out the prescription. Ambien also resulted in some jibberish being posted by me on the forum that I would have to delete the next day, LOL.

As time goes on, I figure I will get used to the mask and sleep through the night. For now, just glad to be getting a little quality sleep.

Well, I'm not one of those people that was able to put on the mask, fall asleep, and wake up feeling like a new person.

Getting used to it, so the mask is waking me up at night. That, and I haven't learned to sleep still enough to not break the seal yet.

That said, I'm getting there. the last couple of nights, though, about the time I get the mask on, get a little drowsy, my freaking nose starts itching. Instinctively, I reach to scratch only to have my finger stopped by a big hunk of plastic. Take off the mask, the itch is gone. Put it back on, stupid itch comes back.

Sleep is already improved, though. According to my apple watch, I've had two nights already where I have either got very close to, or surpassed 5 hours of deep sleep. In the past, that was typically just over 3 hours and no more than 15 minutes or so at a time.

Already more energetic and alert, no longer walking around like a zombie and not paying attention to whoever is trying to talk to me.

Bags under my eyes are disappearing, also. I remember this happening when I got a prescription for Ambien, but that prescription also included waking up in the drivers seat of the truck, followed by immediately throwing out the prescription. Ambien also resulted in some jibberish being posted by me on the forum that I would have to delete the next day, LOL.

As time goes on, I figure I will get used to the mask and sleep through the night. For now, just glad to be getting a little quality sleep.
I was wondering how you were getting along with it.

Ambien also resulted in some jibberish being posted by me on the forum that I would have to delete the next day, LOL.
Those days were fun.

The rest of us got away with all sorts of stuff. 🤣

Those days were fun.

The rest of us got away with all sorts of stuff. 🤣

I remember waking up to long posts that looked like this.

eoitqapoerofnwvadkv c vgn[eraigvujegnkedfjvna;geriu gnrigvuj ergioewrsgumj eripoa;ghwtj;osrijn;lkg

I remember waking up to long posts that looked like this.

eoitqapoerofnwvadkv c vgn[eraigvujegnkedfjvna;geriu gnrigvuj ergioewrsgumj eripoa;ghwtj;osrijn;lkg
I don't remember that. I just remember your arguments with that @cabinover guy. 😁

So basically Birchy.

Those posts made him look sober.

Ambien is not a good thing. Then again, I don't deal with medication well. Tylenol cold medicine had me in a paranoid state, Ambien made me think the wall in the bedroom was on fire one night. Sadly, I can remember it all very clearly, LOL. Once, I thought the room was tilted and I was stumbling in circles. Maria laughed at me.

Ambien is the Devil.

Those posts made him look sober.

Ambien is not a good thing. Then again, I don't deal with medication well. Tylenol cold medicine had me in a paranoid state, Ambien made me think the wall in the bedroom was on fire one night. Sadly, I can remember it all very clearly, LOL. Once, I thought the room was tilted and I was stumbling in circles. Maria laughed at me.

Ambien is the Devil.
Damn. You're stranger than I thought.

@Mike How are you getting along with your c-pap?

@Mike How are you getting along with your c-pap?
I think I got the mask size wrong. Got a different one coming that will be at the house on Monday. Different type of seal as well. Other than that, just slowly getting adjusted to wearing it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread