Sick as a dog

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
The last few days one of my front choppers started hurting.

Eventually Mrs. Duck noticed me messing with it & figured out something was wrong. She started whining to my mom & then "mama bear" decided that I have to see a dentist RIGHT NOW or I could DIE.

It's a toothache, geez...

Ain't been to a dentist since they told me it would cost $3000 to straighten them & break my jaw to change it's shape or some crap so I wouldn't look like a Simpsons character any more. Screw it, ... my plan since then has been to wait til they rot & fall out & get fake teeth that'll be straight. None of that "jaw wired shut for 6 months" crap.

Anyway so the dentist had an immediate opening so we went there. Brought my mom in case he doped me up with racing gas or something.

"How long has the tooth been bothering you?"

"23 years".

o_O

"3 days".

X-ray. Tooth is infected, need root canal, abscess , crown, whatever the hell that is. I don't even know what the hell a root canal is either. All I know is it's something old people have to do. :rolleyes:

Said something about doing it Friday. Then he says "hold on I'm gonna drain it. I'm not going to use any anesthetic because blah blah blah". Pulls out a big drill. I asked "does Exxon-Mobil know you stole their drilling rig?" No response. The guy has the sense of humor of a doorknob.

"Wait a minute, drain what? Amoxicillin for what?"

I guess there was some infected liquid inside my skull somehow & it was in my sinuses & starting to turn my brain into swiss cheese brain into swiss cheese brain into swiss cheese brain into I prefer Cheddar but sometimes if they don't have it I ask for American cheese because vampires are afraid of garlic and for some reason this local Chinese restaurant always gives me a pint of plain white rice even though I specifically tell them I don't want onions on my whopper to start the races off with a saran wrapped phillips screwdriver in the event of catastrophic hairbrush failure to obey traffic control device in the vicinity of a screech owl.

So what I don't understand is why I didn't start feeling sick until after I started taking the antibiotic . And why the hell is some drilling & gluing of some shit gonna cost $2400. I thought this stuff was supposed to be cheaper if you didn't have insurance. Damn Obamacare. Good president though. A bit too conservative for me but at least he understands the biggest threat to national security is global warming the car up in the morning because it's been so cold pack on the upper jaw freezing my nose into a parking space heater is off the wagon train the dog to sitandbegfortreatsandmoretoleranceforbeeftenderloinsonthegrandschemeofthingsand8g28g2nwd gds. dghdsl . dsdssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssDEFENSE! DEFENSE!

hahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahhahah. I can't stop laughing. Get your teeth fixed. They are nothing to mess with. And waiting for them to fall out just puts you at more heart risk since inflammation is bad period. Obama really hears us and feels our pain. Now that you agree with him on global warming, I'm sure he'll send you a jingle on your Obama phone and tell you he's got your back!

Root canal is using a small file to remove the nerve in your tooth. He goes up into the root almost 2". Rather kewl when you get to see the X-ray with the file inside the tooth.

Had an abscess tooth bother me for a year. Even went to the mayo clinic for it one night about 10:30 pm on a Friday it was so bad.

Good for your heart. Not so much for broken ankles or abscess tooth.

It got so bad one day I forced it to rupture as I was running around 494 in the twin cities. That was a mistake while driving. You could see the pocket had gotten big. Bad enough it was stopping my jaw from moving.

Finally just yanked the 3rd molar on the bottom right to fix it. That sucked. Bad. Had chips of jaw bone working their way out for a month afterwards. Finally had to have him go in and remove it by cutting it open and digging around for crap.

Two years later, his wife was a volunteer at the place I was doing cardiac rehab and we got to talking abscess teeth one day. That's when we learned the connection.

She went home and talked to hubby(dentist) about it.

Pretty much found out he felt so bad and guilty about all the issues from dealing with that bad tooth for 18 months.

I'll add this.

Once you do a root canal, that tooth is dead. You'll be having a crown put onto it in the future or yanking it 10-15 years down the road.

I'll add this.

Once you do a root canal, that tooth is dead. You'll be having a crown put onto it in the future or yanking it 10-15 years down the road.
First he said he was going to do a root canal, ... then he said he'll do it Friday, ... then he said Friday he's just going to look at it, maybe fill in the hole he drilled to drain it. Has to wait for the infection to clear up first.

He already said the tooth is dead. The root canal & crown is going to cost $2400. I think that included a bunch of fillings in some other teeth though.

No idea why I was feeling sick last night though, AFTER the infection had been drained & antibiotics were started. I'm feeling fine now. The tooth doesn't even hurt except for when I go outside, the cold air hits it. If the infection didn't happen to be in a location where it could eventually spread to the brain & turn me into a democrat I wouldn't even bother with the antibiotics either because I hear they weaken the immune system & should be a last resort. Like in 2002 when my dad almost died because of an infection around his IV while he was in the hospital for a quintuple bypass. It wasn't the infection that almost killed him, it was the fact they had to delay the operation until it cleared up, with blockages in all 5 coronaries. So they gave him some kind of supercharged antibiotics.

i wish i can remember the cost of my root canal/post and crown.

the post and crown don"t really last long, then maybe you'll need bridge work, now that i remember to cost me $1,700.........!!!!!!!

Bridge they pull the tooth and root canal and crown the tooth in front and behind the removed tooth. They put a bridge in with the crowns covering the pulled tooth.
CROWNS%20%26%20BRIDGES-Bridge.jpg

Bridge they pull the tooth and root canal and crown the tooth in front and behind the removed tooth. They put a bridge in with the crowns covering the pulled tooth.
CROWNS%20%26%20BRIDGES-Bridge.jpg
that's it, then the best "glue/cement" is used to hold it into place. i have an upper bridge for my 2 front teeth. but tell you what, once a bridge is put in, i'd highly advise not biting into things like apples, pears, etc. soft foods only.........!!!!!!!! (or slice them up first, use the real teeth for chewing).

wait till you get implants, then go hog wild....

as long as you have a bare minimum of $40,000 too.........

First he said he was going to do a root canal, ... then he said he'll do it Friday, ... then he said Friday he's just going to look at it, maybe fill in the hole he drilled to drain it. Has to wait for the infection to clear up first.

He already said the tooth is dead. The root canal & crown is going to cost $2400. I think that included a bunch of fillings in some other teeth though.

No idea why I was feeling sick last night though, AFTER the infection had been drained & antibiotics were started. I'm feeling fine now. The tooth doesn't even hurt except for when I go outside, the cold air hits it. If the infection didn't happen to be in a location where it could eventually spread to the brain & turn me into a democrat I wouldn't even bother with the antibiotics either because I hear they weaken the immune system & should be a last resort. Like in 2002 when my dad almost died because of an infection around his IV while he was in the hospital for a quintuple bypass. It wasn't the infection that almost killed him, it was the fact they had to delay the operation until it cleared up, with blockages in all 5 coronaries. So they gave him some kind of supercharged antibiotics.

You listen to me bloomer butt...Don't mess around with getting those teeth fixed....I worked in a sewing factor in Texas and sucked on lead pins end results was lead poison pockets around some very good straight teeth....Hundreds of dollars for foolishness on my part....but saved the teeth. Another time working the unit a 32 year old man passed with infection of his teeth....All uncalled for that type of infection to kill....You can always get out there and make a dollar but it is impossible to make another you....So take me serious....Mrs. Duck needs you too do not be foolish bloomer man...Be a smart wise one for her sake. It is no fun being a widow take it from someone who been there and done it.

Lincoln's America...????

is he that new Cuban baseball player that changed his name from Ricky Ricardo..???
Um.... yeah. That's it. :rolleyes:
You listen to me bloomer butt...Don't mess around with getting those teeth fixed....I worked in a sewing factor in Texas and sucked on lead pins end results was lead poison pockets around some very good straight teeth....Hundreds of dollars for foolishness on my part....but saved the teeth. Another time working the unit a 32 year old man passed with infection of his teeth....All uncalled for that type of infection to kill....You can always get out there and make a dollar but it is impossible to make another you....So take me serious....Mrs. Duck needs you too do not be foolish bloomer man...Be a smart wise one for her sake. It is no fun being a widow take it from someone who been there and done it.
I grew up with a couple of friends, fraternal twins whose last name was Bloomer. They're both still alive. :tease:

Um.... yeah. That's it. :rolleyes:
I grew up with a couple of friends, fraternal twins whose last name was Bloomer. They're both still alive. :tease:

You better listen and quite you monkey shitting around....Your already in trouble to start with....
images

The last few days one of my front choppers started hurting.

Eventually Mrs. Duck noticed me messing with it & figured out something was wrong. She started whining to my mom & then "mama bear" decided that I have to see a dentist RIGHT NOW or I could DIE.

It's a toothache, geez...

Ain't been to a dentist since they told me it would cost $3000 to straighten them & break my jaw to change it's shape or some crap so I wouldn't look like a Simpsons character any more. Screw it, ... my plan since then has been to wait til they rot & fall out & get fake teeth that'll be straight. None of that "jaw wired shut for 6 months" crap.

Anyway so the dentist had an immediate opening so we went there. Brought my mom in case he doped me up with racing gas or something.

"How long has the tooth been bothering you?"

"23 years".

o_O

"3 days".

X-ray. Tooth is infected, need root canal, abscess , crown, whatever the hell that is. I don't even know what the hell a root canal is either. All I know is it's something old people have to do. :rolleyes:

Said something about doing it Friday. Then he says "hold on I'm gonna drain it. I'm not going to use any anesthetic because blah blah blah". Pulls out a big drill. I asked "does Exxon-Mobil know you stole their drilling rig?" No response. The guy has the sense of humor of a doorknob.

"Wait a minute, drain what? Amoxicillin for what?"

I guess there was some infected liquid inside my skull somehow & it was in my sinuses & starting to turn my brain into swiss cheese brain into swiss cheese brain into swiss cheese brain into I prefer Cheddar but sometimes if they don't have it I ask for American cheese because vampires are afraid of garlic and for some reason this local Chinese restaurant always gives me a pint of plain white rice even though I specifically tell them I don't want onions on my whopper to start the races off with a saran wrapped phillips screwdriver in the event of catastrophic hairbrush failure to obey traffic control device in the vicinity of a screech owl.

So what I don't understand is why I didn't start feeling sick until after I started taking the antibiotic . And why the hell is some drilling & gluing of some **** gonna cost $2400. I thought this stuff was supposed to be cheaper if you didn't have insurance. Damn Obamacare. Good president though. A bit too conservative for me but at least he understands the biggest threat to national security is global warming the car up in the morning because it's been so cold pack on the upper jaw freezing my nose into a parking space heater is off the wagon train the dog to sitandbegfortreatsandmoretoleranceforbeeftenderloinsonthegrandschemeofthingsand8g28g2nwd gds. dghdsl . dsdssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
just pay to have it pulled.there no guarantee the root camel and crown will hold.it didn't for me .you have all those other teeth you wont miss one.

just pay to have it pulled.there no guarantee the root camel and crown will hold.it didn't for me .you have all those other teeth you wont miss one.
one...two...three.........but no more than four.........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread