Should I be offended

farleyd

So today My mom and I stoped by the burger king so I could grab a bite to eat. I order a burger, fries and a coke.no big deal right? The young Gal took my order and hands me my recipt and said I was #96. Ok cool I am waiting for my order and look at the recipt and see 10% off SENIOR DISCOUNT!!!!! ok cool 10% off but I don,t think of myself as a senior. I did just turn 50 last month but I don't think I look that old.
This brings up one more thing. Why does AARP think it's ok to send me junk mail for the last 3 or 4 years.

You shoulda' got up in her face over that. Man... what a rip. Too bad your mom was with you... you could have shown a little "attitude"..

AARP... are wanting to get in your pockets... "Return to Sender"...

With the cost of food at Burger King, I would have welcomed the discount ;)

Seriously, I wouldn't let something like that bother me.

the husband refuses to use any discounts like that....they ask him all the time.....on more than one occasion he has been asked if I was his daughter.....yea its never a pretty day when that happens .....sigh........oh and I get 2 AARP delivered to me every month to ME not that other person he doesn't get one.....at all.......life sucks sometimes can I say that word?! :coffee:

Yeah I got that once in a store. I got ****ed and asked her if I looked THAT old. She replied that she automatically asked everyone that because she didn't like to guess age just by looking at someone. I still hate her though, lol.

I take every old fart discount that I can.. AARP saves 20% on meals (after 4pm) @ the Denney's /Fly-J, T/A's and Petro's.
that saves me anywhere from $30 to $50+ a month on food.
also the savings can be rather large with motels. :crafty:

I'll be 55 this year, and I will welcome every chance I get to save a buck. The cost of living is not going down anytime soon.

I get taken for 5 to 10 years younger than I really am all the time, always have, so when I am eligible for the "senior" discount, I'm going to have to prove it each and every time.

On a side note, even though I am past the halfway point, I got carded for buying beer the other day. Gotta love it. :beer:

Here where I live they take carding very seriously. I could go in, buy beer, show ID, take it out to the car, then go straight back in and buy more and they would still ask to see ID. One lady told me that not only the store gets fined but the employ as well if they get caught not asking. She said they have 80 year old people come in checking to see if they ID and will bust them if they don't.

I'll be 55 this year, and I will welcome every chance I get to save a buck. The cost of living is not going down anytime soon.

I get taken for 5 to 10 years younger than I really am all the time, always have, so when I am eligible for the "senior" discount, I'm going to have to prove it each and every time.

On a side note, even though I am past the halfway point, I got carded for buying beer the other day. Gotta love it. :beer:

that's right you are OLDER than me......:cool:

Well i Guess I'm not offended. I guees I don't like being pigeon holed by some young kid. kind of like being told I am over the hill when in fact I am just now at the top and want to enjoy the view before I go raceing down the back side out of control. hehehehehe

If someone mistakened me for a senior citizen I would be very upset and go buy every age product on the market,LOL.

Mrs. countryboy says thanks when they I.D. her for credit card and ****ed when they I.D. she for beer. I don't care either way. It's just a person doing their job correctly and if I could get a discount for being over 50. I would take it a flash!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread