• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Schneider National

Spetri7721

does anybody know if Schneider national lease purchase is a scam

I do know Mike said that if your leasing one of their trucks it is still their truck and will be treated as such. That means no modifications, worked on in their approved shops, they approve work etc etc etc

Not a scam at all.

You know how much the truck is going to cost, how much insurance is going to cost, and how long it will take you to pay for the truck.

It's up to you, at that point, to decide whether you want to sign the lease. Nothing is hidden from you.

I do know Mike said that if your leasing one of their trucks it is still their truck and will be treated as such. That means no modifications, worked on in their approved shops, they approve work etc etc etc

Modifications to the engine have to be approved. If you install something, don't plan on removing it should you default on the lease.

Repairs go through "Kenworth Premier Care". They bill your maintenance account. They can also bill your maintenance account for up to $900.00 in repairs, whether you approved them or not. It's good to know that up front, I found out the hard way.

Hi I'm with Schneider lease now the trucks are over priced if you get one go new pay the 5000 or 7000 down I have a 2013 has 30% clutch apu dosnt work (even tho I'm paying the price for one) had to do alignment on 3 axles 2 new front tires and front shocks in first 3 months of having the truck they try to tell you where you can go to have truck worked on or they won't let you use your money in your maintenance account even tho it's your money they keep sending me to dedicated fleet service been there 3 times now for apu only made it worse when there's a thermal king 2 miles up the road and that's what's on the truck and if you lease one with a apu go with the fuel fired unit the electric is junk to start with good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
and why would you want to be married to a carrier in case things go south:confused-96::stare1: you can't take that shiny toy with you in most cases. i dunno about schneider will let you get third party financing a few carriers will let you buy out the truck and move on.. and what happens if they can't keep you rolling that lease payment is still due. id'e rather own my own i can do what i want to it and maintain it how i want to and go with who ever i want to latch onto

and why would you want to be married to a carrier in case things go south:confused-96::stare1: you can't take that shiny toy with you in most cases. i dunno about schneider will let you get third party financing a few carriers will let you buy out the truck and move on.. and what happens if they can't keep you rolling that lease payment is still due. id'e rather own my own i can do what i want to it and maintain it how i want to and go with who ever i want to latch onto

Schneider national and Schneider finance are 2 different companies even tho the same people own them you can go drive for anyone you want as long as they are a real company national has a lot of freight just my truck is a problem truck I made 3500 this week but took home 880 due to running the truck I have a dog so with out a working apu I'm using a lot of fuel

Hi I'm with Schneider lease now the trucks are over priced if you get one go new pay the 5000 or 7000 down I have a 2013 has 30% clutch apu dosnt work (even tho I'm paying the price for one) had to do alignment on 3 axles 2 new front tires and front shocks in first 3 months of having the truck they try to tell you where you can go to have truck worked on or they won't let you use your money in your maintenance account even tho it's your money they keep sending me to dedicated fleet service been there 3 times now for apu only made it worse when there's a thermal king 2 miles up the road and that's what's on the truck and if you lease one with a apu go with the fuel fired unit the electric is junk to start with good luck
Who's telling you that you have to take it to fleet services?

You're not bound to Schneider with a Schneider Finance truck.

Paccar is in charge of your maintenance account but Schneider finance is saying I need to let them work on it they have a account and discount. I can go Toney company I like with the truck

Five to Seven "GRAND" Down on a Carrier "Lease Purchase Program"...

Are ya shitting Me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread