Saved my life/ Saved my car

quillcom

Long time ago back when I was a reckless young'n crisscrossing the states in my car. There were two incidents that stick in my head involving semis.

Back then before I started driving trucks I would at the spur of the moment take a weekend trip in my ford festiva several hundred miles one way, sleeping in my car, showering at the truck stops etc.

This one particular trip I was pushing myself in the middle of the night, trying to make it to a ball game on time that morning.
Sleep deprivation was an understatement; I was doing everything I could think of to stay awake- from sticking my head out the window to shoutimg out loud nothing worked.

I finally started to give in to sleeping behind the wheel with some serious dozing off and weaving all over that lonely road.
It was about this time unbeknownst to me that a semi far behind saw my weaving and immediately sprung into action.

Pulling up right in back of me he threw on his high beems which quickly woke me from my semi-conscious driving. I wisely pulled over and slept.

Very similar situation; travelling hundreds of miles from home on the weekend. Knowing I had to makeb it back to work that monday morning. Pushing myself this time in the middle of the day to stay awake.

Here I am swerving all over the lanes again amd just up the way here comes toll. i remember slowing for the toll several thousands of yards out and that about when I completely dozed off again.

The next thing I remember was a loud blast from a semis air horn. I woke up and saw myself just feet away from the toll booth gate. At the same time I glance to my right to see the trucker who blasted his horn two lanes over from me.

We quickly eyed each other and I saw that he was blowing at me: apparently seeing me a ways back swerving and or seeing me rolling up to the booth with my eyes closed. I'm certain if it wasn't for that blast I would have did a battering ram on that toll booth gate.

Last edited:
serveimage
and then your uncle molested you? where are you going with this..??

(Just kidding yo)

Ya, the festiva probably played a role..the trucker knew he very well could roll over you and not even feel it, kept on a truckin, then 150 miles down the pike he's pulled over by 300 cops for not stopping....At least your werent in a 'fiesta'...his brights might have blown you off the road!! LOL

We outta have a crappiest car thread...I had a 'chevette' that would easily not hang with your 'festiva'...lol

lol "Like" I think. I put over 200000 mi on that festiva, loved it

1991_ford_festiva_2dr-hatchback_gl_fq_oem_1_300_zpslp98zkuq.jpg
1991_ford_festiva_2dr-hatchback_gl_fq_oem_1_300_zpslp98zkuq.jpg~original
ya know, this was all cool and fun till you tossed in the 200k thing...thats concerning bud, seriously..lol..how uncool were you!!!?? LOL
Sure you have more money than all of us now, and maybe a easy brain during the day as you were not striving like a dog because you wanted a new ss camaro or something like the rest of us..so your not loosing hair early..i see your probable points, but still, 200k? mailjeeps go quicker not breaking 35 mph, how slow and easy did you take it?

I drove this piece of crap for about 6 months...It popped a timing chain, I left it in some lot somewhere, got other car
serveimage
I had a pinto wagon that was pretty bad...couple olds delta 88's, some bad 200 dollar caddy;s....its been fun

you wanted a new ss camaro
lol keep the ss drop the camaro, replace with a Monte Carlo 84'-88' loved those cars too.
I had a pinto wagon that was pretty bad...couple olds delta 88's, some bad 200 dollar caddy;s....its been fun
Yep, my worst was my first. 1979 malibu classic. Started right up......without a key...........leak in the everything including the gas tank which btw the two halves was sealed transversly so eventually alllllll the gas would leak out...no shocks,,,,,

I had a 67 delta 88...Ignition didnt work, hood blew open one night, rapped around roof, took it off and left it on side of the road...
Made jumpin the starter solenoid way more user friendly...actually tucked my little coathanger rapped in garden hose tool under the wiper that didnt work..
serveimage

Had like a 900 cubic inch motor in it tho, I could roast one tire, like indefinately..my marks were very distinguishable in my town..skinny, black, and 14 miles long
I was 15 ish...no license, had warrants for driving without license..dad was cop heading the team..I was listed as runaway..fun times

At least your werent in a 'fiesta'...his brights might have blown you off the road!! LOL
It's true NASA & other space agencies have been researching the possibility of spacecraft with large sails that are propelled by solar wind but I don't think the headlights from a truck are going to produce much thrust on even the smallest car.

I suppose in a total vacuum, they could turn on a super bright light on a piece of mylar hanging in front of it and use lasers to measure to see it it moves the mylar away from the light. o_O

:D

Had like a 900 cubic inch motor in it tho, I could roast one tire, like indefinately..my marks were very distinguishable in my town..skinny, black, and 14 miles long
I had an '86 Mercury Capri with a 4 cylinder that would do that. o_O

I suppose in a total vacuum, they could turn on a super bright light on a piece of mylar hanging in front of it and use lasers to measure to see it it moves the mylar away from the light. o_O
I think Einstein already tested that in either his general theory of Relativity and or E=mc2 ..:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread