Runaway Trucks

I'm honestly not seeing anything special about this hill. It's long and would be boring but nothing particularly difficult or different about the approach. Shoulders plenty wide and a dedicated truck lane.

Western hills tend to be longer but not quite as steep. Until you get deep into the mountains. There is on hill around carbonate Colorado I think. It’s steep and long. Like 8% or better. But interstate wise they generally ain’t bad.
I read somewhere that the legal maximum grade on Interstates is 7%. I need to see if I can find that.

Yeah Rt 30 over Tuscarora is 9. It can be puckery sometimes. I'm not looking forward to that without jakes. Hopefully I get a newer truck before I have to run it. Lol.
I don’t remember if it was 30 or 50, but that was the closest I ever came to un-assing one. I loaded out of that paper mill in Cumberland md and was gonna take a short cut.

It's just the length, and volume of traffic can make it worse.
And the visuals, it looks almost flat because it's a straight slope for so long. It can definitely lull you into thinking you're down when it's still a 4-5% grade. And like someone else said, you get in brake trouble and you're already running 55-60, it's a long ride down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread