• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Roehl Transport

Roehl Transport is a very good company. They are driver friendly and they are very big on safety. They don't want you to run illegal. Miles are good. Now I'm not saying there won't be issues that come up but they are usually taken care of to the satisfaction of the driver. Main terminal is located in Marshfield, Wisconsin with terminals in Gary, Ind., Ellenwood, Ga and a couple of others.

A friend of the family has been driving for this country forever. I think I could count on one hand the times he hasn't made it home for the weekend in the last 15 years. He's made good money and been real happy with them. He takes his wife along a couple times a year, and she has a ball.

im considering roehl now.and i was wondering if anybody else had any more comments about them.please let me know of the good and the bad.i would like to try and be more prepared before making a decision.

roehl is a good company will get you off the road with no questions asked if the weather is bad... you will get alot of miles as long as they are legal... everything must be legal if they catch you cheating on yer logs they will put you out... they wont tolerate cheating. the only prob, i had was with a new weekend dispatcher who wouldnt take me off a load when i could only get the truck up to 45 because of front end shaking ... i walked out after leaving the truck at the terminal in ohio...

I am a current employee with roehl transport. if your not a national driver the money nor miles isnt that great. im currently paid $14 hr with no overtime pay no matter how many hours you work. They also have a strict police against idling the truck which will keep you from reaching your raise. They will put this in writing what they offer which is 2200-2400 mi a week for regional drivers. roehl is a good company to start with but for a driver with 9+ years experience there pay rate isnt enough. I took the local job so i can find something else. Look into hauling fuel! $1100-$1400 wk home evey night. rotating days off at energy dispatch.

I am a current employee with roehl transport. if your not a national driver the money nor miles isnt that great. im currently paid $14 hr with no overtime pay no matter how many hours you work. They also have a strict police against idling the truck which will keep you from reaching your raise. They will put this in writing what they offer which is 2200-2400 mi a week for regional drivers. roehl is a good company to start with but for a driver with 9+ years experience there pay rate isnt enough. I took the local job so i can find something else. Look into hauling fuel! $1100-$1400 wk home evey night. rotating days off at energy dispatch.
Your right! I use to work for Roehl.It was a good place to start.But after getting 8 mon. with them,I was broke.I switched to Barr-Nunn,and I'm making great money there.

Advice re Roehl / Werner

Being retired and a newbie driver, home time is very important to me. I have offers from Roehl and Werner. Any advice which can be offered is appreciated!!!

Being retired and a newbie driver, home time is very important to me. I have offers from Roehl and Werner. Any advice which can be offered is appreciated!!!

:tiphat: Shyster,

I think this thread was asleep. ;)

I have read that Roehl, pronounced "Rail", is the better place to work, but this is based on reading off the internet.

I'm look'n too.

:beep:

Reasons???

SS:

Thanks for the input, but why? Equipment, home time, dispatchers, training...? I've read some bad stuff about Werner on the forum, but don't know whether to just chalk it up to the inevitable bitching about a big company.:headscratch: Any further input is appreciated!

SS:

Thanks for the input, but why? Equipment, home time, dispatchers, training...? I've read some bad stuff about Werner on the forum, but don't know whether to just chalk it up to the inevitable bitching about a big company.:headscratch: Any further input is appreciated!

From my experience out on the road, Roehl drivers seem a lot more content, they definitely have better looking equipment. I have only heard good things about this company.
Werner, on the other hand I have heard some bad things about them. But, I have a couple of buddies who started with them and stayed a few years. They said they liked working for Werner. Keep in mind this was a few years ago also.

im considering roehl now.and i was wondering if anybody else had any more comments about them.please let me know of the good and the bad.i would like to try and be more prepared before making a decision.

F.C,
Here is a few links to the FMCSA Safe Web... Overall General Safety Rating on BOTH Compnies you asked about... 10-4?

ROEHL : http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SafeStat/CarrierOverview.asp?DOT=74481

WERNER : http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SafeStat/CarrierOverview.asp?DOT=53467

BARR-NUNN : http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SafeStat/CarrierOverview.asp?DOT=261978

This is one thing that many people do not research before applying for a company... And to ME? These Stat's paint a picture of how a company is ran.... Via: a DOT stand point.....

All the best,
Matt

SS:

I tend to pay attention to the level of information being shared by the trucking community. Of recent years, there is a larger number of drivers speaking out about Werner in negative terms. If this company was truly an overall good company...they wouldn't have so many drivers talking bad about them.

I do realize there are many which didn't take the true steps necessary to be successful with Werner, but there's just too much bad being shared. This tends to cause me, personally, to believe there must be some justification to what's being said. And as with any company...there are going to be drivers that think they're the bomb no matter how good or bad that company may be. So listening, and evaluating, what drivers are saying about a company can be a good indicator when done with honest evaluation.

-ss-

OT...SaferSys is a good resource, but I must point out when using this database...pay close attention to the last evaluation date. FMCSA has not been doing their job, and a large number of carriers have not been audited for several years.

-ss-

I use to think Roehl was a good company but things have changed in the past two years. They once had a good reputation of being driver friendly. That I'm sorry to say is no more. They have been putting more and more on the driver taking a lot of benefits away. If a driver makes a mistake no matter how minor they will hang him. I am just saying if you consider Roehl and go with them just go in with your eyes open and watch yourself. It has been known for other drivers to drop a dime on another like calling in if a driver doesn't have a trailer lock on it's doors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread