Owner Operator Replacing the T660 with a new Cascadia

I was talking about michelins and my bad experience with them

t
How did they know it was a manufacturers defect?
the techs, I went to three in all pointed out the fact that it was obvious it bled out and was not punctured, it was in the sidewall and there was no evidence that it had been curbed, measurements showed that the area was thinner in that area compared to the rest of the tire, and thee was separation of the layers
these techs were all experienced that is why I sought them out so they knew what they were talking about
it wasn't worth getting an attorney but I did cut out that part of the tire, mounted it on a board and took it with me into a lot of truck stops when I was going to eat, never failed that someone would ask me about it and of course I would explain the situation and michelin's refusal to honor their warranty.

it wasn't worth getting an attorney but I did cut out that part of the tire, mounted it on a board and took it with me into a lot of truck stops when I was going to eat, never failed that someone would ask me about it and of course I would explain the situation and michelin's refusal to honor their warranty.
I've been carrying a defective sheet of drywall around with me everywhere I go ever since Lowe's refused to exchange it in June of 1998.

Here is the microwave that was picked out for me. 700 watt, which is about as big as I want to go, especially with an 1800 watt inverter.

View attachment 77289

You’ll want to start the truck or apu prior to starting the microwave. They will last longer.

Wrap the glass plate with a towel. You’ll be glad you did the first time you cross a rough road.

You’ll want to start the truck or apu prior to starting the microwave. They will last longer.

Wrap the glass plate with a towel. You’ll be glad you did the first time you cross a rough road.

Yep. Salesman looked at me funny when I requested a 235 amp alternator. I plan on putting some loads on it rather than frying the batteries waiting for the APU to start up.

What Walmart does when putting brand new trucks in service, ones that have been towed in and not driven, is to run them in high idle for a good long while.

The smells coming off these trucks are atrocious because of all the stuff burning and so on.

I mean, you've ignored everything else I've told you so good luck with your new truck chemical stenches anyway.

Oh, and since you've got tank heaters and a cow catcher, and don't believe in washing a truck, and while I assume you'll run up north in the winter, here's a few pictures of what a month without a wash up here looks like.

20210123_155520.jpg

Attachments

• 20210123_155534.jpg
    20210123_155534.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210123_155526.jpg
    20210123_155526.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210123_155555.jpg
    20210123_155555.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210123_155538.jpg
    20210123_155538.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 15
What Walmart does when putting brand new trucks in service, ones that have been towed in and not driven, is to run them in high idle for a good long while.

The smells coming off these trucks are atrocious because of all the stuff burning and so on.

I mean, you've ignored everything else I've told you so good luck with your new truck chemical stenches anyway.

Oh, and since you've got tank heaters and a cow catcher, and don't believe in washing a truck, and while I assume you'll run up north in the winter, here's a few pictures of what a month without a wash up here looks like.

View attachment 77316
Oh hey Schneider.

My truck went years without a wash. They only authorize during oil change PMs and it's up to the driver to have it done but they never tell you when they changed the oil.

Is this your truck or some rando you spotted?

Oh hey Schneider.

My truck went years without a wash. They only authorize during oil change PMs and it's up to the driver to have it done but they never tell you when they changed the oil.

Is this your truck or some rando you spotted?
I guess its mine as long as we're under virus protocol or whatever they're calling it.

I hear our washbay is open again. Maybe it will get a bit cleaner tomorrow.

I guess its mine as long as we're under virus protocol or whatever they're calling it.

I hear our washbay is open again. Maybe it will get a bit cleaner tomorrow.
I hope you hang your airlines up before you wash it. Our safety man would have a meltdown if he saw that photo.

original batteries 322000 never start the truck when i run the microwave Never eat in the TS so run microwave twice a day but what do i know. No fuel line heaters but southern Iron county Wi is pretty warm. Have not gelled fuel since I had a 671. But what do i know
I don't hear so well in my right ear after sitting next to a 671 in a JD 860A for three years!

original batteries 322000 never start the truck when i run the microwave Never eat in the TS so run microwave twice a day but what do i know. No fuel line heaters but southern Iron county Wi is pretty warm. Have not gelled fuel since I had a 671. But what do i know

Why so defensive? Don’t see anyone challenging you.

My fuel gelled last year. Should have been winter blend fuel based on where I purchased and I treated my fuel according to the gallons added on every fill up. Pretty sure I would have been fine if my Davco was heated.

Two years was the longest I ever went in batteries in the glider. Cheap batteries, and only had three. Oddly enough, the ones that went two years are the ones on the truck currently. I attribute that to taking the time to pull the cables and clean the cables and posts once a year or so.

My fuel gelled last year. Should have been winter blend fuel based on where I purchased and I treated my fuel according to the gallons added on every fill up. Pretty sure I would have been fine if my Davco was heated.

Two years was the longest I ever went in batteries in the glider. Cheap batteries, and only had three. Oddly enough, the ones that went two years are the ones on the truck currently. I attribute that to taking the time to pull the cables and clean the cables and posts once a year or so.
What's the latest on where you're at with that new rig?

License plate mount wouldn’t fit in the bumper yesterday. I’m guessing because if the black coating on the bumper. Brought it home and opened up the holes a bit so I should be able to get it mounted this morning.

Beyond that, just a matter of groceries and finding a load.
Nice. I'll probably pick your brain privately if you don't mind, as time goes.

Oh, and I hooked up a CB harness to the wires up top and the CB didn’t come on. There is also a big connector up there not connected to anything, so will have to investigate that issue over time.

Kind of what I thought. Deep draws shorten battery life. That's just a fact of how lead acids function.

As far as heaters go, as we've discussed before, they all but eliminate the need for #1, at least as long as the Apu coolant passes through them. The reduced cpm of fewer additives and better mpg will pay for them quickly running in the north during winter.

First load finally booked. Just a short 500+ to Scottsville, KY from Fort Smith. Pick up this afternoon and deliver Wednesday.

I initially booked a load to California. Then the specific details came in before signing the rate con. Empty and Loaded weights before loading and unloading as proof of cargo weight. Load must weigh what is listed on the BOL or deductions to the rate. Screw that, I'm out.

Needed something short and simple anyway to get comfortable with how to not shift the truck and get familiar with where everything is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread