Owner Operator Replacing the T660 with a new Cascadia

All the licenses and permits are updated, the only thing I need to verify is whether I have to add the truck to the New York registration and whether Oklahoma requires the truck for intrastate. That, and I need to get some stupid engine family number off the truck to do CARB certification.

Going to get the fridge in the truck this morning, then just need to put the decals on and get all my junk into the truck.

I was able to get my Cab Card done online within a couple minutes, but I was a little uneasy about it being a temporary registration. Then, to get my title, I was going to have to mail my COO to Little Rock. With my lack of faith in the mail system, decided to just make the 220 mile drive to Little Rock. Got all the documents turned in, rather than mailed to get a permanent Cab Card (and a new license plate), and took care of the title in person. Could have mailed everything in and operated with the temp cab card, but really wasn't comfortable with any of that, especially considering one of the Christmas presents I ordered just showed up via the USPS two days ago.
Did you get a new plate or just transferred the old one?

All the licenses and permits are updated, the only thing I need to verify is whether I have to add the truck to the New York registration and whether Oklahoma requires the truck for intrastate. That, and I need to get some stupid engine family number off the truck to do CARB certification.

Going to get the fridge in the truck this morning, then just need to put the decals on and get all my junk into the truck.

I was able to get my Cab Card done online within a couple minutes, but I was a little uneasy about it being a temporary registration. Then, to get my title, I was going to have to mail my COO to Little Rock. With my lack of faith in the mail system, decided to just make the 220 mile drive to Little Rock. Got all the documents turned in, rather than mailed to get a permanent Cab Card (and a new license plate), and took care of the title in person. Could have mailed everything in and operated with the temp cab card, but really wasn't comfortable with any of that, especially considering one of the Christmas presents I ordered just showed up via the USPS two days ago.
I thought it was established that engines built after 2010 don't need CARB certification.

I know you've got some unhealthy fixation with California and won't stay out of that wretched hive of evil and villainy like a normal person, but I thought you had decided you don't want to go far enough east to need a HUT sticker.

:dunno:

I thought it was established that engines built after 2010 don't need CARB certification.

I know you've got some unhealthy fixation with California and won't stay out of that wretched hive of evil and villainy like a normal person, but I thought you had decided you don't want to go far enough east to need a HUT sticker.

Money talks

CARB certification isn’t required by the state, but brokers may require it before dispatching you on a California load. Costs nothing, just prevents it from becoming an issue.

Needing the HUT is going to be an extremely rare occurrence , but wife does want to travel up into that region so I’ll have it for whenever I do need it. Best to be prepared for if/when something lucrative pops up.

Fridge is in.

Going to get a microwave, then just need to put that in, put on the license plate and bracket, and the lettering on the cargo doors, then ready to look for loads again. Maybe this week, maybe not until Monday. Not sure yet.
View attachment 77188
Where does the microwave go?

That looks like a pretty decent sized fridge. Bigger than any fridge I have ever had in a truck.
He plans on smuggling black market organs when freight is slow.

Did I ever tell the story of the table and chairs I had in my mid roof ATS truck?

I think I may have...

Used it like twice the whole year I was in that truck.

He plans on smuggling black market organs when freight is slow.

Did I ever tell the story of the table and chairs I had in my mid roof ATS truck?

I think I may have...

Used it like twice the whole year I was in that truck.
No I have never heard the tables and chairs story.

Jeez, haven’t even hauled a load and already under warranty...

Jeez, haven’t even hauled a load and already under warranty...

I got Michelin tires, so no worries for me

Article says:

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recall documents report that these steer tires may experience tread separation or blowouts while driving.
Owners of the more than 4000 affected trucks will be notified by Daimler Trucks directly. Dealers will replace the affected tires for free beginning March 13th.

Yeah. Your steer tires might blow up, causing a deadly accident if it happens on a curve or on icy pavement, but you're just gonna have to run them until the middle of March. 🙄

I got Michelin tires, so no worries for me
really I have a michelin steer tire blow out after only 1500 miles on it, several tire technicians all said it was a manufacturer's defect and the all said good luck getting michelin to honor their warranty, and they were right on both counts

really I have a michelin steer tire blow out after only 1500 miles on it, several tire technicians all said it was a manufacturer's defect and the all said good luck getting michelin to honor their warranty, and they were right on both counts
How did they know it was a manufacturers defect?

He is talking about a recall on cascadia trucks with Bridgestone tires. I have Michelin’s so I’m not impacted by the recall.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread