Owner Operator Replacing the T660 with a new Cascadia

Why would we overbuild it when it's just for Mike? He's gonna ditch it in like 2 years anyway.
4-5 years, get it right.

Imma let somebody else deal with the post warranty nightmares.

Unless the truck is virtually flawless and paid off early. Then, and only then will I keep it.

Running an emissions truck beyond 500k miles, out of warranty, and having to still make payments on it is just too much risk in my opinion.

4-5 years, get it right.

Imma let somebody else deal with the post warranty nightmares.

Unless the truck is virtually flawless and paid off early. Then, and only then will I keep it.

Running an emissions truck beyond 500k miles, out of warranty, and having to still make payments on it is just too much risk in my opinion.
Yeah. So basically you've accepted that payments will always be part of your business ledger. With that in mind, I don't blame you for always sticking with new.

Yeah. So basically you've accepted that payments will always be part of your business ledger. With that in mind, I don't blame you for always sticking with new.
Depends on where the financing is.

T660 is paid for. If it weren't for concerns with reman parts due to being a glider, and more importantly me deciding I need something with more room to move and work inside, I wouldn't be getting rid of it.

That, and I can't get into California without worrying about CARB. Not to mention, brokers are starting to check for CARB certification more and more.

Lifetime fuel economy is over 7, current 90 day average is 7.23, and that is running 67+ virtually everywhere it's legal.

I'm doing what makes sense right now by upgrading into a new truck.

If the freight market stays good, I will have the truck paid off early. That allows me to keep the truck indefinitely, basically until it is no longer cost effective due to breakdowns and lost revenue.

I was two unexpected major repairs from being able to pay the T660 off in three years.

Biggest mistake I made out here was not keeping my original lease purchase 2012 Cascadia at Schneider. It was a year old when I got it, I had it for a year, and I could have easily paid it off running it one more year. Live and learn.

Depends on where the financing is.

T660 is paid for. If it weren't for concerns with reman parts due to being a glider, and more importantly me deciding I need something with more room to move and work inside, I wouldn't be getting rid of it.

That, and I can't get into California without worrying about CARB. Not to mention, brokers are starting to check for CARB certification more and more.

Lifetime fuel economy is over 7, current 90 day average is 7.23, and that is running 67+ virtually everywhere it's legal.

I'm doing what makes sense right now by upgrading into a new truck.

If the freight market stays good, I will have the truck paid off early. That allows me to keep the truck indefinitely, basically until it is no longer cost effective due to breakdowns and lost revenue.

I was two unexpected major repairs from being able to pay the T660 off in three years.

Biggest mistake I made out here was not keeping my original lease purchase 2012 Cascadia at Schneider. It was a year old when I got it, I had it for a year, and I could have easily paid it off running it one more year. Live and learn.
Why did you get rid of the Schneider truck?

Are you DIY inclined or not so much these days? You were a mechanic in a previous life, right? Or was that someone else on here?

Why did you get rid of the Schneider truck?

Are you DIY inclined or not so much these days? You were a mechanic in a previous life, right? Or was that someone else on here?
Wanted a new truck but a new one wasn't available. Never intended on keeping it.

Mechanically inclined, but no desire to work on a truck. Home time is family time. Of I can't afford repairs, then I feel like the business isn't worth it.

Wanted a new truck but a new one wasn't available. Never intended on keeping it.

Mechanically inclined, but no desire to work on a truck. Home time is family time. Of I can't afford repairs, then I feel like the business isn't worth it.
Gotcha. Change of pace new or actually newer new?

Just picking your brain for conversation.

I don't really have family in the head of household sense so I'm enjoying the work, at least for now. But I'm also learning. It's not just doing with my eyes closed type stuff.

Gotcha. Change of pace new or actually newer new?
I wanted a brand new truck. I was testing the waters on owning a truck since it had been years, didn't want to take the risk of a major down payment, so I took what Schneider had available on a one year lease, with the plan on getting a brand new truck the next year that I would keep. That truck turned out to be a pile of crap.

I wanted a brand new truck. I was testing the waters on owning a truck since it had been years, didn't want to take the risk of a major down payment, so I took what Schneider had available on a one year lease, with the plan on getting a brand new truck the next year that I would keep. That truck turned out to be a pile of crap.
Wait the Schneider was a pile of crap, or the new one was? Is the new one your current glider or was there another one in between?

Wait the Schneider was a pile of crap, or the new one was? Is the new one your current glider or was there another one in between?

1st lease purchase truck was a 2012 Cascadia. I leased it for one year.

2nd lease purchase truck was a 2015 T680 (Radiant Fire). The plan was to complete a 3 year lease, and pay it off at the end of the lease. That truck was an absolute nightmare.

1st lease purchase truck was a 2012 Cascadia. I leased it for one year.

2nd lease purchase truck was a 2015 T680 (Radiant Fire). The plan was to complete a 3 year lease, and pay it off at the end of the lease. That truck was an absolute nightmare.
Ohhhhhhh I knew about radiant fire but thought that was the Cascadia.

This is officially worse than waiting to open Christmas presents. I know what I am getting, but the anticipation of finally getting it is killing me!
So what are you doing with the T-660? Trading it?

It's got a piece of a speed limit sign, 30 bolts and half a tube of silicone patching up a hole in the hull where a live well used to be. I figure that devalues it slightly. 🤔
What?

Flex seal wasnt good enough for ya? :headscratch2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread