Refrigerator

cassiem0221

A few years ago I bought my husband an "icechest" that was able to be warm or cold.. He set it to cold and used it for an icebox on the truck. Its almost worn out and this year when he goes back to driving, I would like to buy him a new one. Any suggestions on what to get? Are there any other styles besides the ice chest type?

Depending on the brand, you can probably just get a motor kit from a truck stop, or walmart for the fridge you have. It is a very inexpensive way of bringing the fridge back to new :)

If you do buy a new one that is 12 volt, I would suggest checking out Walmart. They carry a Coleman model, that is only a fridge. It doesn't heat and cool, it only cools.This is what I have now, and unlike all the others I have bought, this one hasn't froze up on me yet, and hasn't gotten noisy like all the others tend to do.

Definitely, as much as I hate Walmart, that is your best bet. Personally, I would check out a sporting goods store like Academy or something before walking into a walmart.

Truckstops mark the price on these things up $20 or more, just like they do everything else.

Walmart is where I got mine. I don't even know what brand it is, LOL. It has worked well for me since I started driving, which hasn't been a real long time.

Okay, Walmart is the only place I have to shop so this is a good thing. They don't have the 12volt that only cools there but I am sure they could get it. I am going to ask them when I go to town this week.

We're using a mini dorm fridge here. It keeps his drinks and snacks cool. I'd recommend looking into a Target or Kmart. I have a personal dislike of walmart though...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread