• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Reasons Why Everyone Assumes the Worst About Swift

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
I was coming out of Sioux Falls on my way to Texas on Monday. I got down into Nebraska and jumped on Highway 75 south. Rolling along minding my own. Had Liquid Metal on the XM and they was cranking out Slayer " Angel of Death". All of a sudden about 3 truck lengths in front of me a Swift driver pulls out and blocks both lanes (north and south bound) of 75. I get on the brakes hard and get the truck stopped.

I sit there for what feels like 5 minutes, (but I know it hasn't been that long because Slayer is still shredding on my radio) I reach up and grab the CB mic and holler Swifty you ok? You need some help there?

No response as I continue to wait and feel my blood start to boil. Angle of death is winding down and traffic backing up. I grab my door handle set the park brake and flashers and swing open the door. It's at this moment I look at the drivers window and see the driver smiling,

Rage has now filled my veins. Why would he smile blocking traffic for no apparent reason that I can tell. I step out of the truck onto the step. He shoots me the bird. And drives away.

Sorry to say, I didn't get a truck or trailer number because his truck could do the speed limit. But this is why...people automatically assume the worst of a swift driver.

Reason number 8 I have a dash cam. MLS safety has my email on speed dial. That way I do not have to record numbers. I just send them still frames of truck and trailer.

I have only had on Prime flatbed to send in and no Swifts. It has to be a particularly idiotic move to make me bother.

Although tailgating is starting to **** me off. But I would spend half my brear just emailing the douche nozzles that do it.

Had my own fun little situation with SWIFT today. Driving across AL35, heading toward Fort Payne from Huntsville. (on my way to Georgia). climbing up the hill, approach a SWIFT truck crawling up the hill. I hit the left lane to shoot by him, he literally blocks both lanes. No response on the CB. I say the hell with it, drop a couple dozen gears, throw on the flashers and just idle up the hill behind him.

Here comes a tanker, SWIFT does the same damn thing. Tanker is a bit more aggressive than I, so he stays on his bumper til traffic is clear, then passes anyway. That resulted in a close call with an oncoming car by the time he made the pass.

We reached the top of the hill with a long line of cars behind us, all of whom wisely just stayed behind SWIFT, rather than getting hit while trying to use the left lane.

Road straightens, I pass. Next town, I'm running 45 (speed limit), here he comes full speed ahead past me.

Dude had no business operating a truck, at least anything larger than a Tonka.

tonka.jpg

Had my own fun little situation with SWIFT today. Driving across AL35, heading toward Fort Payne from Huntsville. (on my way to Georgia). climbing up the hill, approach a SWIFT truck crawling up the hill. I hit the left lane to shoot by him, he literally blocks both lanes. No response on the CB. I say the hell with it, drop a couple dozen gears, throw on the flashers and just idle up the hill behind him.

Here comes a tanker, SWIFT does the same damn thing. Tanker is a bit more aggressive than I, so he stays on his bumper til traffic is clear, then passes anyway. That resulted in a close call with an oncoming car by the time he made the pass.

We reached the top of the hill with a long line of cars behind us, all of whom wisely just stayed behind SWIFT, rather than getting hit while trying to use the left lane.

Road straightens, I pass. Next town, I'm running 45 (speed limit), here he comes full speed ahead past me.

View attachment 40365
Forward the cam video to swift.

Well, a TMC did a similar stunt today coming out of a rest area today on I29.

I can't believe the level of bonehead moves that have been happening lately out here.

I'm no trying to run the company through the mud....but jeez man. I have thought about getting a dash cam but our company is phasing in inward and outward facing cameras in the trucks. Just a matter of time before I have one anyway.

I'm no trying to run the company through the mud....but jeez man. I have thought about getting a dash cam but our company is phasing in inward and outward facing cameras in the trucks. Just a matter of time before I have one anyway.
We may. But mine will still be there. Why?

That is my evidence, and I control it. I trust two people. One of them is me, the other is not you ;)

Bonehead moves aren't limited to just megas or trucks.

I took a two hour nap just north of Kansas City just to avoid the 5 o'clock 500. I don't know if I have enough nitro pills with me to deal with the major traffic centers this early in the week.

yeah, but i'd have to wonder if you could use a company camera to report anyone. i mean to say, don't they over write the video every so often..?? i think too, only if an accident occurs, it saves the video at that point prior to the accident, hard brake..???

might be easier ti have your own dash cam, and however it is done, put it onto you tube? then email it to the company..??

View attachment 40365
no wonder people hate swift

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread