• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Port truck drivers file class-action lawsuit against XPO Logistics

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
A class-action lawsuit claims that XPO Logistics used a deliberate scheme to misclassify their truck drivers as independent contractors, thus denying them the protections available to employees under California law.

The lawsuit was filed by attorneys Julie Gutman Dickinson and C. Joe Sayas Jr. on Monday, Feb. 26 in the Superior Court of California.

“This class action seeks to enjoin the defendants’ unlawful conduct, to obtain restitution of unpaid wages and unlawful deductions made from truck drivers’ pay, and to prosecute a private enforcement action to collect civil penalties under the Labor Code Private Attorney General Act,” the lawsuit said.

full story

I can remember working with my uncle for a while at his roofing business. Everyone got a 1099. Seemed to be the normal back then.

I can remember working with my uncle for a while at his roofing business. Everyone got a 1099. Seemed to be the normal back then.

Damn skippy...

If these whiners thought they were getting so screwewd why didnt they go somewhere else

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread