PLEASE HELP ME!

This might be stupid... but my uneducated guess would be that the isx only has two bells (like every other engine) one for the fan and the other one to turn a gazillion pulleys... personally i would loosen the bells and start shaking them for play.

You are correct. A fan belt and a sepentine belt. Idler and tensioner are both on the serpentine. They're the most common suspects because Cummins thought it was a good idea to make a part that needs to be durable out of both metal and plastic with no way to grease the bearings.
:coocoo:

It's not the belts or pulleys had mechanic check all and listen to the noise it's unfortunate but it's my air compressor :-( it's stuck on open I guess and it's making that Insane noise. We took off the air intake for the compressor poured little transmission fluid and it stopped making noise for about 5 min, also noise is gone when air compressor is building air. For example if I dump all of the air noise is gone while it's building, but once the air reaches cut off point noise kicks in and it doesn't go away!
And btw we took the belt off, noise was still there
Glad you found the problem. Hope it's not too much of a pain to fix.

Oh, and I obviously don't know what I'm talking about, considering I've had both idlers and tensioners replaced. Oddly enough, the mechanic found which one was the problem by spraying soapy water on each pulley until he found the messed up one. It stopped squeaking when he sprayed it.
:foreheadslap:

UPDATE, in case anyone else runs into same problem I had with that almost unbearable noise. Problem is fixed, but I don't know what fixed it. This afternoon I stopped at Speedco for an oil change. I replace the oil, change the air filter. Front differential I replaced fluid with synthetic added Lucas to differential not the engine and for a hell of it disconnected my air intake line (again) for the compressor and added maybe 1 - 1/2 oz of transition fluid, thinking if soot got into it maybe it will help. Well 500 miles later I'm finally headache free and to finish it off 79500 lbs load 8.8mpg success!
Thanks to all who had tried to help you guys rock!
Ps: forgot to mention I've also replaced my exhaust pressure sensor.

IHAVE SAME KIND OF NOISE PROBLEM MY TRUCK DOES IT EVERY NOW AND THEN I JUST CAN'T FIND WHERE IS COMING FROM. I ALSO HEAR IT ON DRIVER SIDE WHEN I SLOW TRUCK IT STARTS TO GO AWAY ,WILL HAVE TO CHECK COMPRESSOR. THNKS FOR YOUR INFO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread