Pilot Travel Centers

Mike

What is your overall opinion of the Pilot Centers?

Granted, there are differences among each of them, and we can definitely have new threads to discuss each one on an individual basis, but overall, how to you rate the Pilot Fuel Stops compared to other truck stops in terms of parking, food, fuel prices, convenience store, and all of the other aspects that are important to a truck driver?

I have had good experiences with man of the pilots, though I rarely stop at them with my current job.

I seek the ones out that have a "Wendy's" inside so I can get a salad.

Can't really comment on their fuel, as we only buy fuel at Flying J's.

they have the smallest parking lots out there but usually the cleanest. good place to stop for fuel and a quick bite to eat. i usually just fuel and go.

What is your overall opinion of the Pilot Centers?

Granted, there are differences among each of them, and we can definitely have new threads to discuss each one on an individual basis, but overall, how to you rate the Pilot Fuel Stops compared to other truck stops in terms of parking, food, fuel prices, convenience store, and all of the other aspects that are important to a truck driver?

I don't even bother with PEE-LOT anymore......

Few years back hadda a job the company wanted us to Fuel exclusively at PEE LOT and most of em were trashed and it took like almost an hour just Fuel...even at Midnight there would be long lines Fueling at Pilot...

As for CHAINS ....I'm strictly a TA/Petro kinda guy although I don't mind some of the Flying Js

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even bother with PEE-LOT anymore......

Few years back hadda a job the company wanted us to Fuel exclusively at PEE LOT and most of em were trashed and it took like almost an hour just Fuel...even at Midnight there would be long lines Fueling at Pilot...

As for CHAINS ....I'm strictly a TA/Petro kinda guy although I don't mind some of the Flying Js
So no PEE LOT for you?

Huh.....who woulda thunk it?

Partly like I like party row.

Take it to the tree line away from people.
Well afew years ago at the TA in Binghamton New York was doing my INSPECTION something everyone should do anyways....

Un Beknownset 2 me was a "BROAD" parked right next to me....

I let it "Hang Out" and WET my Tire....

She jumped OUT and gave me MORE than an Ear Full ...and Threatened 2 call the COPS....

Well the COPS never Showed Up but "SINCE" then I pull my curtains and use a BOTTLE of which I "CAP" and "properly" Dispose of with my Trash. .

I just walk away from people like that.

I try 2 do the "same" myself but I still view the world in 1980s ...my "PRIME"...

Things were a bit more LAID BACK...

TODAY @mndriver everybody's so " Touchy Feely"...

Even half of our "so called" PRO "Truckers" would be the FIRST to "SNITCH" on ya......

Today they all got SMARTPHONES ...

Back in "My" Day SNITCHES got "STITCHES" or a Bullet in their SKULL.......

I agree... its just the mega losers, their trash and disgusting habits that ruin it for everyone else.
Oh the "Mega" Carriers "Eh"....

The other day in Merrimac WI....an ENGLUND Truck was going " Geriatric" puttin along at like 15 mph. ...

Going into the Petro was a "Double" Buttonhook at IDLE speed "yet" PLENTY of ROOM to even SWING in 5th gear

I never actually said anything but we ended up "close" and walked in the store and the "Trainer" said I "appreciate" your PATIENCE

Maybe I didn't train at ENGLUND or SWIFT ..."BUT" just STARTING OUT yeah I was that kid TOO...

NEVER 4-get your ROOTS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread