Pilot app - how do you fuel with it?

Mike

i rarely use our company card, or pfj for that matter, but using it in the morning out here in AZ.

I entered the fuel card info into the app.

What's next? Will it prompt me for the remaining info on the app when I'm on the fuel island?

I assume it's pretty simple, but I tend to be easily confused before morning coffee.

Just decide where you want to fuel in advance... I think the codes are good for an hour. Enter your data into the app enroute. When you get there, enter the code in the pump.

You end up with a digital record of the transaction. Since I need a paper receipt to get credit for reefer fuel purchases, I rarely use the app.

Epic Fail!

pulled to the fuel island, used the app, entered all the information...... It waited, and waited, and waited, then finally said there was an error connecting with the store. I backed out of it and tried again. Same thing.

Almost like when you use the weigh my truck app for CAT Scale, but nobody inside the store is paying attention.

Could of been the pilot you were at. Thy system shouldn't require any human input from the store. Maybe there ISP was having difficulty or the system crashed or it was a road ranger..lol

Could of been the pilot you were at. Thy system shouldn't require any human input from the store. Maybe there ISP was having difficulty or the system crashed or it was a road ranger..lol

Not sure if it requires any action from inside the store or not.

I know, that with the weigh my truck app, you do everything from your phone, but it takes somebody inside the store to do something before it processes. If they aren't paying attention, you will be there a while, LOL.

That's because a weigh master is required to observe the weight, print, and sign the ticket.

Using the pilot app is supposed to be just like using the card at the pump. It's supposed to be all electronic all done in cyberspace. So. I dunno man. Wierd.

Epic Fail!

pulled to the fuel island, used the app, entered all the information...... It waited, and waited, and waited, then finally said there was an error connecting with the store. I backed out of it and tried again. Same thing.

Almost like when you use the weigh my truck app for CAT Scale, but nobody inside the store is paying attention.
Maybe the App runs off of PFJs slow assed WiFi:D

i rarely use our company card, or pfj for that matter, but using it in the morning out here in AZ.

I entered the fuel card info into the app.

What's next? Will it prompt me for the remaining info on the app when I'm on the fuel island?

I assume it's pretty simple, but I tend to be easily confused before morning coffee.

Question @Mike....

You buy your own fuel so why fuel at mainline truckstops for more than just a shower credit or free parking....

Most carriers do not actually dither their savings back to you....

I leased on at one place wanted ya to fuel at strictly Pilot before Flying J yet they always charged 10/20 cents more than a Roadside Ma N Pa out in the sticks...and they didnt trickle down that discount to us settlements were always pump price

If I really wanted to "save" and could bobtail to a regular gas station I really saved...

Gas Stations sell Diesel about 25 cents cheaper than most truckstops...

Question @Mike....

You buy your own fuel so why fuel at mainline truckstops for more than just a shower credit or free parking....

Most carriers do not actually dither their savings back to you....

I leased on at one place wanted ya to fuel at strictly Pilot before Flying J yet they always charged 10/20 cents more than a Roadside Ma N Pa out in the sticks...and they didnt trickle down that discount to us settlements were always pump price

If I really wanted to "save" and could bobtail to a regular gas station I really saved...

Gas Stations sell Diesel about 25 cents cheaper than most truckstops...

Because I buy fuel wherever I can get the best deal. I have Schneider's card, my own FleetOne card, as well as credit cards when and if I can get a better price outside of either of the fuel cards.

Currently, Schneider is getting us 32 cents per gallon off at all PFJ. In some places, that beats out my FleetOne card by a penny or two.

I've used Pilot about 3 times in the past year, but I always check on their prices.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread