Petro:2 ??

Flatbedpete

Drivers unite
I've seen quite a few of these, I know Petro went belly up and TA bought them out, did they drop back 5 and punt after the bankruptcy and reopen or what? Anyone know?

Petro:2s have been around for years. They were the smaller version of the Petros.

T/A bought Petro?

Ah... OK, I didn't know there were Petro:2's before, I never noticed them until after the TA buy out. Thanks for the clarifications :)

I've seen quite a few of these, I know Petro went belly up and TA bought them out, did they drop back 5 and punt after the bankruptcy and reopen or what? Anyone know?

Petro was acquired by Hospitality Properties Trust on May 31, 2007. They did not go "belly up". It was actually the company that owns the T/A brand, Hospitality Properties Trust , that bought the Petro chain. It isn't a merger, in the truest sense, but a big holding company just got a little bigger. Thankfully, the Petros have remained about the same. Ditto the T/As...

Kingston Springs, TN I-40 w. of Nashville there is a Petro2 where it has the usual amenities of a regular sized Petro yet smaller parking area, NO idleaire.

Petro2's were mainly "fuel stops" back when they first started (from what I remember anyway). Since then, they have grown larger than the initial ones to the point the newer ones are actually fairly good size truck stops.

As for the TA/Petro merger thing, 2XR has it correct. In addition to that, it was said at the time of the merger that they would remain as separate truck stop chains in appearance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread