Heavy Haul Oversize Pics

Oxbow

Premium
Supposedly everything has to be outside the cab. I called and asked the same question and got 4 different answers. The only unanimous answer I got was what the correct answer was if I got asked. They will only give you 8k for that axle if it’s in the cab.
I miss-spoke; we have the gauge, pressure adjustment, and an air switch to lift/lower in a stainless box mounted under the headache rack. We also have an electric switch in the cab that LEOs don't need to know about. It's tied into the reverse switch wiring for automatic raising when the transmission is in reverse.

We can only run about 11k on ours due to tire size, but that's enough for our regional weight laws.

Humble pie

Training monkeys for gorilla warfare.
Premium
I miss-spoke; we have the gauge, pressure adjustment, and an air switch to lift/lower in a stainless box mounted under the headache rack. We also have an electric switch in the cab that LEOs don't need to know about. It's tied into the reverse switch wiring for automatic raising when the transmission is in reverse.

We can only run about 11k on ours due to tire size, but that's enough for our regional weight laws.
I run two regulators. One inside and one outside. The way my axle is set up I can close the outside regulator and it will lift the axle. I keep it wide open and just use the in cab controls. In the event I get asked the outside is the only controls I have.

Truckpops

No, but it's more than the early 950s I hauled in 1978!! I will be hauling ours on Monday. I'm just wondering if a guy could disassemble the forks, lay them on the deck, and set the bucket in the dumped position over the assembly??? I'll take some measurements Monday.
@Oxbow The 950 move got pushed back a week. I'm still curious to see if the fork backrest can be hidden under the bucket.

Users who are viewing this thread