OOIDA tells House T&I committee to exert its oversight authority on ELD mandate

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
The regulation mandating the use of the electronic logs has been in place since December, and with enforcement right around the corner OOIDA is calling on the House
Transportation and Infrastructure Committee to hold an oversight hearing.

The Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association sent a letter to the leadership of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee on Wednesday, Feb. 28. The letter requests an oversight hearing be held on the electronic logging mandate.

“Among the fundamental responsibilities of Congress is to maintain vigorous oversight of the federal agencies it tasks with implementing new regulations, especially those that will have a significant impact on American businesses and the nation’s economy,” Todd Spencer, OOIDA acting president, said in the letter.

full story

This was my complaint! OODIA legal team was ill prepared to sit before a Congressional hearing. I told them several avenues of word definition of written law and the order for which they were written into law, long standing documents used by different World Governments in establishing existing laws and agreements with other world countries in commerce. But no definite response.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread