Noob

MONT

Hey everyone, I recently got my cdl here in WA state. I have several prehires, my top pick is Gordon, and I got a call from them last week telling me they have accepted my application. SO now im playing the waiting game. I guess they are short on trainers, 4-6 weeks is what i was told by my recruitor. Im pretty excited about it, but im getting ancy as heck, and like i said before its only been a week.

Oak Harbor eh? I lived there in 1968 and 1969, my dad was in the Navy. I really enjoyed it up that way, and go visit the area from time to time. I live out near Arlington now, and have called Washington home since '68.

Welcome to Truckers Forum, we are glad you joined us!

Grab some coffee and make good use of that excess time you have on your hands while waiting for Gordon to get it together. We have lots to see here, and plenty of great people. After you get some time in, you might want to try flatbed work, I know a really good company you can run for.

[MENTION=3730]Racer X 69[/MENTION], living in that area, what's your opinion of GTI? I only see them when I'm in the northwest, but then they're everywhere. Sky blue and white trucks, always getting in my way cuz they's going the speed limit and I'm not.

Oak Harbor eh? I lived there in 1968 and 1969, my dad was in the Navy. I really enjoyed it up that way, and go visit the area from time to time. I live out near Arlington now, and have called Washington home since '68.

Welcome to Truckers Forum, we are glad you joined us!

Grab some coffee and make good use of that excess time you have on your hands while waiting for Gordon to get it together. We have lots to see here, and plenty of great people. After you get some time in, you might want to try flatbed work, I know a really good company you can run for.

Arlington is a very nice area also, I do love WA, been here since 98, but my heart will always be in Montana. Before I chose Gordon, i was gonna go with Prime Flatbed, which also seems like a great company, only problem is they have really nothing up here in the PacNW. So, i figured id do my time, get my experience, and then try to get on with a local flatbed company. So yes, any company reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

@Racer X 69, living in that area, what's your opinion of GTI? I only see them when I'm in the northwest, but then they're everywhere. Sky blue and white trucks, always getting in my way cuz they's going the speed limit and I'm not.

Well, im still waiting for a trainer, so my opinion really isnt worth a whole lot right now, but i researched companies for a couple of months before i chose. From what ive read, and been told, seems very stable, good miles, about 3k a week avg, all older model trucks. They actually own a Freightliner dealorship close by me, I always see brand new Gordon trucks being delivered there. I havent been able to find a whole lot of negative comments about Gordon, for that matter I rarely see any Gordon Drivers here on the forums, which im hoping means there too busy running the miles.

@Racer X 69, living in that area, what's your opinion of GTI? I only see them when I'm in the northwest, but then they're everywhere. Sky blue and white trucks, always getting in my way cuz they's going the speed limit and I'm not.

Nobody wants to have to slam on the brakes every 5 seconds for somebody merging into the right lane at 35 mph. Cars do that too. They don't even bother to put the hammer down til they're a mile past the end of the ramp.

If I'm in the middle lane, it's because it's an urban area with entrance ramps every 10 feet. And in those areas, the speed limit is 55 mph. But I'm doing 65 mph.
So if you want to run 70 in a 55, pass me on the friggin' right.

That being said, if there doesn't happen to be anybody in the right lane going Prime speed, and no entrance ramps ahead, I'll move to the right lane if a truck is coming up behind me. (Not cars though, they can run the friggin' hammer lane so let 'em.)

View attachment 14518

GTI was one of the companies that I applied to that never even sent me a response. Kinda glad they didn't too. I pass their rigs all day long.

Not all of their rigs are the same anymore. I see them in various colors now.

leasePurchase.jpg

Their "lease purchase" and "owner operator" rigs are red or yellow.

And they are an all Cascadia and Columbia fleet.
View attachment 14518

Arlington is a very nice area also, I do love WA, been here since 98, but my heart will always be in Montana. Before I chose Gordon, i was gonna go with Prime Flatbed, which also seems like a great company, only problem is they have really nothing up here in the PacNW. So, i figured id do my time, get my experience, and then try to get on with a local flatbed company. So yes, any company reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

I can recommend my company. A very good flatbed outfit that has some very good aerospace contracts, and several other freight connections.

And we run through Montana coming and going. In fact some of our drivers live there.

One small word of advice.

Do not lease to own a truck from any trucking company. These are not such great deals, and very few drivers ever complete the contract. There is plenty more on the subject, rummage around here, and read all about it. ˙ɹǝʌoɔǝɹ ɹǝʌǝu puɐ uʍop ǝpısdn ʇǝƃ sɹǝʌıɹp ʎuɐɯ

GTI was one of the companies that I applied to that never even sent me a response. Kinda glad they didn't too. I pass their rigs all day long.

I don't know if they're set slow or if they're always going slow because of the irrationally slow truck speed limits in the only two states I ever see them in.

I can recommend my company. A very good flatbed outfit that has some very good aerospace contracts, and several other freight connections.

And we run through Montana coming and going. In fact some of our drivers live there.

One small word of advice.

Do not lease to own a truck from any trucking company. These are not such great deals, and very few drivers ever complete the contract. There is plenty more on the subject, rummage around here, and read all about it. ˙ɹǝʌoɔǝɹ ɹǝʌǝu puɐ uʍop ǝpısdn ʇǝƃ sɹǝʌıɹp ʎuɐɯ

¿noʎ ʇ,uop ,oɯzıƃ ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ʇɐɥʇ ǝʌoן noʎ

Whats the name of the company, and do they hires recent grads?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread