Ninth Circuit hears challenge to DOT's cross-border trucking program

really don't care like starbucks they are too expensive
so Canada has to find a better way to get my money

Maybe for the poor folk. Mexican truckers have a skill and are probably better paid than the non skilled people walking across the border.
Now if I Was to use your premise Canadians truck in the U.S. and yet we have American Illegal immigrants walking across the border.
Your argument does not hold water.
You think the differences between the USA and Canadia are the same as the ones between the US and Mexico? Have you been living under a rock for the past... how old are you?

You think the differences between the USA and Canadia are the same as the ones between the US and Mexico? Have you been living under a rock for the past... how old are you?
I understand the diffence, Can you understand that a Mexican trucker making good money is very different from some one with no skill, Education or opportunity that is crossing the Rio Grande?

I understand the diffence, Can you understand that a Mexican trucker making good money is very different from some one with no skill, Education or opportunity that is crossing the Rio Grande?
No.

Well, yeah I've heard the joke "how do you spell "Ph.D" in Spanish" - "CDL"...

But I bet it doesn't pay much better than picking lettuce in the United States.

Safer too, cuz any Mexican trucker who goes anywhere near that border is going to be extorted by the cartels to smuggle drugs and stuff. "Do it or we cut your head off".

I would attribute it to the difference in dollar value. No american could live on the Peso they are paying Mexican autoworkers but in mexico that peso could be a middle class wage. Like Detroit was back in the day when Ford paid $25.00 a day for employee retention

The wages down there suck. No other way to put it than they absolutely suck. Those that do manage to build any sort of successful income through creating any sort of successful business on their own ultimately get the majority of it taken from them at the hands of the cartels down there.

Sure, things are cheap, but they still barely make enough to survive. For most there, it is an endless cycle of poverty.

that is the other side of the equation the Mexican government just don't take honest control if they did the cartels would be long gone, the Mexican people would see their lives become much richer and profitable the disparity between US and Mexico would be greatly balanced but it all goes back to the bloodsuckers running the country and until that is fixed nothing else will be.
The Us. started out in similar circumstances and then the revolutionary war happened and the citizens of our country took control of our own destiny.
when i lived in Ca. I knew and worked with a lot of Mexican people [they were legal] and they were friendly,hard working people.
I also have spent time in Mexico back then and would enjoy the vacations I took there this was not the border towns but the real Mexico.
even then you kinda had to watch out but it was no where as bad as it was the last time I went there that was over 15 years ago.
the US has been given no choice BUT to secure our border . if things were ever to get under control I would be all for a border such as what we have with Canada but I really doubt that I will see it in my lifetime.
it is going to take a real leader along with a population that says enough is enough to effect the change necessary

that is the other side of the equation the Mexican government just don't take honest control if they did the cartels would be long gone, the Mexican people would see their lives become much richer and profitable the disparity between US and Mexico would be greatly balanced but it all goes back to the bloodsuckers running the country and until that is fixed nothing else will be.
The Us. started out in similar circumstances and then the revolutionary war happened and the citizens of our country took control of our own destiny.
when i lived in Ca. I knew and worked with a lot of Mexican people [they were legal] and they were friendly,hard working people.
I also have spent time in Mexico back then and would enjoy the vacations I took there this was not the border towns but the real Mexico.
even then you kinda had to watch out but it was no where as bad as it was the last time I went there that was over 15 years ago.
the US has been given no choice BUT to secure our border . if things were ever to get under control I would be all for a border such as what we have with Canada but I really doubt that I will see it in my lifetime.
it is going to take a real leader along with a population that says enough is enough to effect the change necessary

The cartels are extremely powerful throughout that country. What makes it worse is that the citizens are unable to defend themselves. I hope to see it improve in my lifetime as my wife has so much family there and we would love to be able to travel back and forth without the risk currently involved.

and don't forget that there are a lot of American businessmen that are as corrupt as the Mexican government they areo making a killing off the backs of the Mexican citizens and spend a lot of money here in the US to keep things as they are,

and don't forget that there are a lot of American businessmen that are as corrupt as the Mexican government they areo making a killing off the backs of the Mexican citizens and spend a lot of money here in the US to keep things as they are,

You are correct.

Steering back to the original topic, I really don't see why there is still a push to shut down the cross border operations.

I feel like as long as we have NAFTA, we need to keep this open.

the safety aspect has been proven to be nothing but fear mongering. The trucks have been coming here for quite some time now, and they appear to be every bit as safe and professional as trucks from the United States or Canada.

Honestly had no idea that fight was still going on.

I didn't either. I though those two democrats from SD and OR squashed it back when Bush Jr was still in office.

Congress ordered the program stopped. Bush's DOT Secretary, some woman, (Anne Ferro?) found a loophole in the wording and continued the program so they had to order up a larger can of Whoop-Ass.

:dunno:
It was re-upped under Obama.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread