Ninth Circuit hears challenge to DOT's cross-border trucking program

Well, Yeah. Look at the workers at the VW plant down there. They are paid peanuts compared to American workers but they seem content and doing well.
mostly because they don't know any better

mostly because they don't know any better
I would attribute it to the difference in dollar value. No american could live on the Peso they are paying Mexican autoworkers but in mexico that peso could be a middle class wage. Like Detroit was back in the day when Ford paid $25.00 a day for employee retention

It appears none of the horrors of Mexican trucks touted by the Chicken Little Gang came to be. There are only a handful of Mexican carriers even interested in participating. So few, in fact, that they have had absolutely no impact on freight rates or truckload capacity.

So I don't understand what the fuss is about.

I would attribute it to the difference in dollar value. No american could live on the Peso they are paying Mexican autoworkers but in mexico that peso could be a middle class wage. Like Detroit was back in the day when Ford paid $25.00 a day for employee retention
Yeah. Whatever gives them a comfortable life in Mexico.

Actually they should pay them even more than that. Give them the Mexican equivalent of a hundred grand a year.

That'll still be an exploitation of cheap labor, making the billionaires happy, but also provide a boom in Mexico to draw all their people home.

Like in North Dakota,... Those high wages created many service industry jobs too.

I generally don't want to see us importing things we can produce here, but in this case, I'd rather see US funded skyscrapers being built in Mexico City than in Dubai.

It appears none of the horrors of Mexican trucks touted by the Chicken Little Gang came to be. There are only a handful of Mexican carriers even interested in participating. So few, in fact, that they have had absolutely no impact on freight rates or truckload capacity.

Exactly! It was part of the agreement with NAFTA between the U.S and Mexico. Honor your contractual agreements even if they don't want to cross into the U.S.

Yeah. Whatever gives them a comfortable life in Mexico.

Actually they should pay them even more than that. Give them the Mexican equivalent of a hundred grand a year.

That'll still be an exploitation of cheap labor, making the billionaires happy, but also provide a boom in Mexico to draw all their people home.

Like in North Dakota,... Those high wages created many service industry jobs too.

I generally don't want to see us importing things we can produce here, but in this case, I'd rather see US funded skyscrapers being built in Mexico City than in Dubai.
There ya go! Better trading oil in NAFTA than with the ****ing middle east!:thumbsup:

Let's say you're a developer and you have to build a model house to show to potential customers to get them to order a house built in this development you're working on.

You'd have your best guys working on it, and give it all the bells and whistles and have a fancy stainless steel fridge, marble countertops, big screen TV,.. make it appear way nicer than the unfurnished bare bones house you'll actually build....

Same thing here. Big American money is making sure only their best equipment crosses the border.

Wait til they make it permanent and they start running their average trucks across the border. You'll be eating that "chicken little" comment with a knife and fork.

Wait til they make it permanent and they start running their average trucks across the border. You'll be eating that "chicken little" comment with a knife and fork.
Bullshit! They will be well inspected by DOT. If you think catching a B.S. ticket out of state just because you are from out of State is Taxation and predatory? Try catching a DOT ticket from out of Country and they damned well know you are not going to court or hiring a lawyer, They Damned well know you are going to pay it!

:rolllaugh3:

Go hang out at a marine or rail terminal for a while. I think big money keeps them blind.
Exactly big money from dinging every shitty looking American plated truck. Key word, American plated truck.

Exactly big money from dinging every ****ty looking American plated truck. Key word, American plated truck.
Gotta look at who's making all the money off of the program. Who's lobbying for it. Do you really think they'd let a few DOT inspectors ruin their program after paying off all those congressmen to vote on something the majority of Americans oppose?

Maybe it'll be OK during Trump's day but as soon as we get a D back in the white house, or even a RINO like Bush Junior, it'll be like the border patrol, afraid to do their jobs.

Gotta look at who's making all the money off of the program. Who's lobbying for it. Do you really think they'd let a few DOT inspectors ruin their program after paying off all those congressmen to vote on something the majority of Americans oppose?

Maybe it'll be OK during Trump's day but as soon as we get a D back in the white house, or even a RINO like Bush Junior, it'll be like the border patrol, afraid to do their jobs.
:bonk: Hello? No ****ing Mexican trucks are crossing the border. I think the program has been in place since Bush JR, The Democrat Obama and now Trump.
No Mexican trucks, Okay my bad like 12 Mexican trucks.

So let us review, Republican, Democrat. So 16 years and Mexican trucks are not flooding America.

Hello... Demo program.. Not permanent yet like it is with the Canadiacs.

Their best 12 trucks... for now.
Hello? There is no driver participation in the program. Clearly Mexicans do not want to truck in the U.S.A.
They are more than happy to drop the loads at the border.
I would have been more than happy to just drop the load a t the border. Who in the **** wants to cross a border dael with border B.S. And being in a foreign land B.S.?
I know you don't!
Because you have never done it.
It ****ing sucks being in a foreign country!

Hello? There is no driver participation in the program. Clearly Mexicans do not want to truck in the U.S.A.
I would have been more than happy to just drop the load a t the border. Who in the **** wants to cross a border dael with border B.S. And being in a foreign land B.S.?
I know you don't!
so why are you living in Canada?

I know you don't!
They want over here so bad we have to build a wall.

They want over here so bad we have to build a wall.
Maybe for the poor folk. Mexican truckers have a skill and are probably better paid than the non skilled people walking across the border.
Now if I Was to use your premise Canadians truck in the U.S. and yet we have American Illegal immigrants walking across the border.
Your argument does not hold water.

Tim Hortons isn't exclusive to Canada even got one in my one horse town
Nope. Tim Hortons is not exclusive to Canada but, It is Canadiana. I bet without Googling most people do not know who Tim Horton was, His occupation or where there first store opened.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread