Night out pay

Blade900

Hi all, is there any rules on night out pay my firm want to start paying it a month in arrears which basically means it will cost me money whenever I have to work away at the moment they pay it upfront but they have said this will stop in a couple of weeks can they do this does any body know
Many thanks

Sounds like he gets overnight pay, and they have been giving it to him up front, but now they are going to pay after the overnight.

That's what I got out of it.

Hi all, is there any rules on night out pay my firm want to start paying it a month in arrears which basically means it will cost me money whenever I have to work away at the moment they pay it upfront but they have said this will stop in a couple of weeks can they do this does any body know
Many thanks

Usually when a company starts holding your pay like that, it means they might be having financial problems, better start checking around, see if other bills are going unpaid, they might be going belly up.

Usually when a company starts holding your pay like that, it means they might be having financial problems, better start checking around, see if other bills are going unpaid, they might be going belly up.
I partially agree with that statement, except that instead of holding his pay, they just aren't going to pre-pay anymore. The company I work for pays well, and they do give us overnight pay, but we don't get pre- payed.

My company pays me for overnight pay is NOT up front we get it 2 times a week, Tuesday and Friday is the days for that it is a separate no tax check. works for us. And no it does not mean the company is in trouble.

Many thanks

Let me see if maybe I can sort this out. Please understand, I am only trying to get an idea what you are trying to ask, and it is difficult because your sentence structure is a runon, without punctuation, and some of the grammar is incorrect.

Remember, I am trying to help you, but to do so, it is important that I understand what it is you are asking.

First you ask:

"Hi all, are there any rules on night out pay?"

By "night out pay" I have to assume you are referring to per diem, and yes there are rules regarding per diem.

"My firm wants to start paying it a month in arrears."

Which would mean they want to delay when they pay it to you, right?

"Which basically means it will cost me money whenever I have to work away."

I am unclear about this statement. I do not understand how it will cost you money to work "away".

"At the moment they pay it upfront."

So right now they pay you before you actually do any work?

"But they have said this will stop in a couple of weeks."

So in a couple of weeks they are going to stop paying you before you actually do work they are paying you to do?

"Can they do this?"

Sure, they can do whatever they want. Is it OK? Maybe, maybe not.

"Does any body know?"

Perhaps.

I worked for an industrial waste hauler, not too long ago. Initially we were paid, via Comdata cash, $25 per night. The third night was considered "motel" night and it paid $75, even if I slept in the truck. I ran to the Houston area almost every week, and, my travel agent would load my card with $150 every time I pulled off the yard with a load. If I didn't have to spend the fourth night out, that was okay, they didn't take money back.

Heck, if there was some chickens hit load he was having trouble covering, he'd pop a little green onto the card as an incentive to help him out.

That little deal kept getting trimmed back, cut, and, re-evaluated to the point most of the crew left for greener pastures. I still miss that "cash cow."

To answer the poster's question... the employer can do what they want. Your only recourse is to live with it, or, leave.

For those who didn't understand my question sorry, I will try to explain better. Where I say it will cost me money, that is down to the fact that I have already purchased my food for the week at home.

At the moment when work asks me to work away, it's usually with only a few hours notice and your already down the road.

They pay £25 cash per night at the moment, this is going to change, work are wanting to pay this in our wages which are a month in arrears.

If your already away they pay it as soon as you return to the depot.

Is it true, work are supposed to give 24 hours notice to work away ?

I'm not sure what the labour laws are in the UK. You may have to try searching up the relevant laws through government resources there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread