NFL in HD FTW

TJGoSurf

Watching the Panthers and St Louis, I got no clue what the score is but the picture is freaking awesome.

That is cool to hear. I do not watch much sports, but I love films. I will have to check HD out more.

I just got a 19 Inch flatpanel HDTV for the truck this weekend. Just finished watching the Giants/Cowboys, amazing picture!

Antenna HD is so damn cool, for those that don't know its alot like digital cable with a system that tells you what program is on and what programs are coming on later.

I should have bought a little smaller TV I guess. This 19" barely squeezes into the TV area, thankfully, it tilts down. I can't strap it in though, so I have to disconnect it and lay it on the bed when I am driving.

My husband and I have a big flat screen HD tv that is awesome, but we still watch regular DVDs and things like that.

My husband wants one... I told him to get a better job... there is nothing wrong with the tv that we have. he says I just don't understand.. I said your right. There is no need to replace something that isn't broken... He just hung his head and walked away..... what is it with men and TV's?

Well I will be more than happy to enlighten you on the awesomeness of HD TV. A standard TV in the US has 480 lines, basically a TV works like this its a still picture flashed up really quick, out of those 480 lines 240 are created first, then the next 240 this is called 480i, the I standing for interlaced. Normally referred to now as SDTV. Now we also have this crazy thing called EDTV, which basically is 480p the P standing for progressive, it looks more like HDTV than SDTV. Instead of the picture being displayed in two parts it is done all at once giving a smoother look. Next is the HDTV, normally it can display 720p with 1080i, the more lines the better, and P > I. And alot of DVD players can upscale normal DVD's to 1080i. And as for a TV I recommend these guys: Vizio Inc.- Home alot of the big manufacturers options with a knock off price.

My husband wants one... I told him to get a better job... there is nothing wrong with the tv that we have. he says I just don't understand.. I said your right. There is no need to replace something that isn't broken... He just hung his head and walked away..... what is it with men and TV's?

Same as with men and their trucks. Why spend all that money on chrome? It doesn't help pull a load. But we want it just the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread