• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

New Walmart Kiosk: Put old phone in slot for Instant cash!!

A factory reset is only deleting the pathways to the data,
Yep.

That's why the extra step of encrypting the phone then resetting it is needed.. Though with many newer phones the encryption is done auto.

And there are overkill methods if your really concerned that s available for everyone.

I think it's wrong to assume you cannot safely protect, secure, make inaccessible and or delete data on a old phone without
completely physically destroying it.

I dont buy or give into every bill of goods presented....if it sounds too good.....dust feet off and walk. I boxed my phones up....just keep them....think it might save a whole lot of aggravation in the long run....

I dont buy or give into every bill of goods presented
I hear you.

Though I am certainly no techy in these matters I do have plenty close friends ( and brother) who are in the know on these subjects so that I can feel well at ease with doing such things.

How about completely fry the damn thing in the microwave before taking it to the kiosk machine?
Not certain but that may void any refund you may have coming to you.

Probably not good for your micro ither.
;)

Last edited:
I hear you.

Though I am certainly no techy in these matters I do have plenty close friends ( and brother) who are in the know on these subjects so that I can feel well at ease with doing such things.
Only tech support I have is me and I do a sorry job at that. Better to be safe then to fall in the wrong hands .

Not certain but that may void any refund you may have coming to you.

Probably not good for your micro ither.
;)
Refund? It's a machine. You put the fried phone in and it spits out a few bucks.

And I don't know about it damaging the microwave.

When I was a teenager my garage was the neighborhood hangout. I had a cheap little microwave in there, and I had a policy that any rap/hip-hop CD that gets put into my stereo system gets nuked. I still get a laugh remembering this one idiot friend of a friend get all whiny because I nuked his Tupac CD. :D

But we used to nuke all sorts of things in it.

That was back in the day when AOL would mail you CDs all the time and we'd nuke those too. It makes lightning bolt patterns in the disc.

Nuking an incandescent light bulb is interesting. It glows and changes colors for a few seconds until the wires inside melt.
Never hurt that microwave

But we used to nuke all sorts of things in it.
Lol

I will take your word for it. Sounds just like something you'd try.

You Probably took out the magnetron in a microwave and tried to use it as a makeshift heater of sorts haven't you.

Btw how much weed have you bought since the 1st.

Last edited:
Used to be able to turn on the florescent lights on those lite-all carts on the flightline at 100 yards with the continuous wave transmitter of the F4 Phantoms radar. Good for scaring the crap out of stupid security cops.

:biggrin-2:

Used to be able to turn on the florescent lights on those lite-all carts on the flightline at 100 yards with the continuous wave transmitter of the F4 Phantoms radar. Good for scaring the crap out of stupid security cops.

:biggrin-2:
I've wondered if you could take the guts out of a microwave and make something to mount on the roof of a tall vehicle like a truck or RV that fries out red light cameras as you go under them.

It would be less dangerous than sniping them with a scoped 22. More discreet too.

Do you think they resell those phones overseas or do you think they just want them for the copper, nickle, silver and gold that the phones contain?

Do you think they resell those phones overseas or do you think they just want them for the copper, nickle, silver and gold that the phones contain?
I.heard they sold em but to who who knows. I bet the ones that aren't clean go over seas. Since they dont have the laws that we do on stolen devices or unpaid ones

I dont buy or give into every bill of goods presented....if it sounds too good.....dust feet off and walk. I boxed my phones up....just keep them....think it might save a whole lot of aggravation in the long run....
Boxing up your old phones is a good idea. You never know when you might need one!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread